Connected App suddenly stopped working?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gif

So whilst in the middle of trying to sort my problem with preconditioning, I've woken up this morning to find the BMW Connected App has suddenly started refusing to run. It just crashes immediately on my iPhone 6.

Anyone experienced the same?

** Update **

Deleted and reinstalled, no difference. App now deleted !

Hmm, same here on my iPhone 5s. I installed a new version, 4.1, on 3 February. I don't know whether I've tried to run 4.1 previously. FWIW, iRemote still runs fine.

It's been running fine for me every day. I am assuming that something minor from Apple must have been updated as the App hasn't been.

Bit rubbish that it's this fragile. And the App Support link just goes to the general BMW mobile site. Brilliant!

BMW is experiencing complete outage of the BMW Connected app for iOS; it affects users with Version 4.1 on iOS. The app crashes immediately after opening. Uninstalling the app and reinstalling it will not fix the issue. I will provide updates as they become available.

So it's given up the ghost again on my iPhone 6.

Since the 11 June, the status data is not being returned to the app and the app whilst saying it is sending data to the car actually isn't.

Deleted the app and reinstalled it and now all sign of status data has disappeared from the front screen (charging data / range etc) and the app is missing the departure / charging profiles etc despite them all being set in the car and on the Connected Drive website.

Anyone else having this grief or just me? :x

Gif said:
So it's given up the ghost again on my iPhone 6.

Since the 11 June, the status data is not being returned to the app and the app whilst saying it is sending data to the car actually isn't.

Deleted the app and reinstalled it and now all sign of status data has disappeared from the front screen (charging data / range etc) and the app is missing the departure / charging profiles etc despite them all being set in the car and on the Connected Drive website.

Anyone else having this grief or just me? :x

I also experienced some outages for the past few days. I believe it is working again. This happens from time to time. It's "normal".

Let's hope BMW will improve the reliability of this app in the future.

im using my connected app to my GT. i also added the i3 and no issues at all.

why dont you guys use the iRemote instead. its my primary for i3. im actually impressed on the map feature as the new starbucks in our area detected it.

ad78 said:
why dont you guys use the iRemote instead. its my primary for i3.
I have both installed on my iPhone, but iRemote has been end-of-lifed by BMW, so no more updates. BMW Connected is the supported app. Both connect to the same fairly unreliable servers which make the apps seem less reliable than they really are. But neither is an example of a well-designed smartphone app.

Im getting a strange issue. It says 100% charged in the app but with 0 miles. Anybody having something similar?

I should also add i brought it to the dealer today for a check engine light. Not sure if there is a correlation.

Something definitely is amiss with the BMW servers. With BMW Connected, I'm seeing the current charge status and vehicle location but the range estimate is ---. The app displays the last trip stats but not the total mileage. Meanwhile the older iRemote app shows the correct VIN but the vehicle displayed is the wrong color, wheels, etc. and all info is blank.

I'm not going to get too excited though. In the past, these sort of glitches have been resolved on the server side or by an app update.

Patience.

Im using ios 11 beta since it was seeded and no issues, now just downloaded beta 2 and its even snappier and a lot better than previous one.

Back