Only Tera trim for USA for 1st 3 months?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just came from Dealer...
Tera Launch edition: $50,875.00
Base:141A(BEV): $41,350.00
Color:B81:$550.00
Tera world:ZTW: $2700.00
Parking Package:ZPK: $1000.00
Tech+Driving Assist:ZTD: $2500.00
Heated Front Seats:494: $350.00
DC Fast Charging:4U7: $700.00
Harman/Kardon:674: $800.00
Destination:$925.00

Total: $50,875.00

saisiv said:
Just came from Dealer...
Tera Launch edition: $50,875.00
Base:141A(BEV): $41,350.00
Color:B81:$550.00
Tera world:ZTW: $2700.00
Parking Package:ZPK: $1000.00
Tech+Driving Assist:ZTD: $2500.00
Heated Front Seats:494: $350.00
DC Fast Charging:4U7: $700.00
Harman/Kardon:674: $800.00
Destination:$925.00

Total: $50,875.00

Yep and if you want the range extender you can add $3,850
so it's $54,725 for a Launch Edition i3 REx

stumbledotcom said:
BoMW said:
Configurating those packages on the web site comes in at $56025 less government subsidy so I can't wait to see the price of the."limited edition" i3. I also notice that further options like adaptive LED, sun roof, enhanced telephone Bluetooth and keyless entrance are not available.

LEDs, bluetooth and keyless features are standard in the Mega (base) US configuration.

Sorry that I have not been able to check it out but can you confirm that it is the "adaptive LED's" and not just the standard LED day time running lights, also there is an advance Bluetooth option for streaming music, video and allows 2 phones to be connected, the standard Bluetooth pack does not allow this.

My CA has a production # reserved for me...he's waiting on my configuration. However, I just emailed him to confirm if the Tera "launch" edition was the only available configuration for a short ETA. Will let you guys know...

What sucks, i'm ordering the i3 for business use and would like to keep the cost as low as possible (Giga World) is the best config IMHO.

On Jan 23rd BMW USA updated their downloadable PDF spec sheet (it actually has a page 2 this time). This document clearly states that comfort access (keyless features) and adaptive LED headlights are included. Its a bit murkier with the advanced bluetooth features... from what I could glean only basic bluetooth is available in the US.

Update from my CA:

"I have not yet input any orders yet – yours is my first. ZGW Giga World is selectable…

Looks like I have production slots allocated for both models is March and April…

The sooner I can get all of your spec’s I can claim the earliest production week they gave us – depending on which model you prefer.."

Not sure if that sheds any light to our concerns, especially the last part of his email "depending on which model you prefer." :?

Buskraut said:
On Jan 23rd BMW USA updated their downloadable PDF spec sheet (it actually has a page 2 this time). This document clearly states that comfort access (keyless features) and adaptive LED headlights are included. Its a bit murkier with the advanced bluetooth features... from what I could glean only basic bluetooth is available in the US.

Are you referring to i3_DOT_1-23_2014.pdf? That lists "Adaptive LED Headlights" as standard on page 2 but lists "Comfort Access keyless entry" as optional on page 4. It also lists keyless entry as included in Giga and Tera Worlds on page 6.

MarkN said:
Buskraut said:

Are you referring to i3_DOT_1-23_2014.pdf? That lists "Adaptive LED Headlights" as standard on page 2 but lists "Comfort Access keyless entry" as optional on page 4. It also lists keyless entry as included in Giga and Tera Worlds on page 6.

Yes, that's the PDF. And you're right about comfort access... I should have said it was included with the Tera package (which is mandatory in the US for the first 3 months).

iczer34 said:
Update from my CA:

"I have not yet input any orders yet – yours is my first. ZGW Giga World is selectable…

Looks like I have production slots allocated for both models is March and April…

The sooner I can get all of your spec’s I can claim the earliest production week they gave us – depending on which model you prefer.."

Not sure if that sheds any light to our concerns, especially the last part of his email "depending on which model you prefer." :?

My order was actually placed in the order bank a few weeks ago (with Giga interior). I wonder if our specs will still stand as early-adopter-non-Electronaut??

davidrshelton said:
cab said:
Not unusual. Heck, if I remember right weren't ALL the first year Volts fully loaded?

Actually, that's not true. My made-to-order 2011 Volt is close to a base model. (I truly like the black cloth interior.) The only options I purchased were the Viridian Joule metallic paint (signature color for the car) and the backup camera. They really didn't have too many options in the first year; most were standard features of the car.

David
2011 Volt (#0031)

Thanks for the clarification on that David, not sure how I got that one mixed up. Did they all have navigation in the first year as standard?

It is 100% correct that only the ZTW (Tera World) model will be available the first 3 months of production. If you have a Mega or Giga model on order...your order will stay in the bank and will be fullfilled with the 2nd 3 month quota. * Of course all this may change but as of right now only ZTW versions are available.

The only fully modifiable i3s are the ZEE models for the customers with UID codes.

Allocation at Schomp, our local dealer, shows 1st 6 are identical -- loaded Tera in Andesite. I was told that buyers of units 3-6 MIGHT be able to change the color.

cab said:
Thanks for the clarification on that David, not sure how I got that one mixed up. Did they all have navigation in the first year as standard?

I'm almost certain that navigation was a standard feature in the 2011 model. As I mentioned, mine was very close to a base model, and the navigation (not to mention 5 years of free OnStar, which could be thought of as a navigational assistant) came standard with the car.

Another update from my dealer...

"There is actually some confusion at the moment as to what is available and when. Normally we input our own orders, but as I discovered yesterday, our order screens are locked. Our BMW rep will be here tomorrow, so I hope to get it sorted.

As of today they are saying:

They are locked. All modifications have to go through distribution and NJ. Only 4 colors and 2 wheels are available at this time. If changes are desired please complete the template below and return it to me at your convenience."

GbUGwmM.jpg

This was my configuration:

BMW i3 with Range Extender
+B85 - Capparis White
+ZGW - Giga World
+ZPK - Parking Package
+ZTD - Technology Package
+494 - Heated Front Seats
+4U7 - DC Fast Charging (SAE)
+674 - Harmon/Kardon Premium Sound

iczer34 said:

"There is actually some confusion at the moment as to what is available and when. Normally we input our own orders, but as I discovered yesterday, our order screens are locked. Our BMW rep will be here tomorrow, so I hope to get it sorted.

They are locked. All modifications have to go through distribution and NJ. Only 4 colors and 2 wheels are available at this time. If changes are desired please complete the template below and return it to me at your convenience."

GbUGwmM.jpg

This was my configuration:

BMW i3 with Range Extender
+B85 - Capparis White
+ZGW - Giga World
+ZPK - Parking Package
+ZTD - Technology Package
+494 - Heated Front Seats
+4U7 - DC Fast Charging (SAE)
+674 - Harmon/Kardon Premium Sound

Only Tera models available for March, April and May production UNLESS your order contains the UID code for Active E customers

JWBMW said:
iczer34 said:

====

I spoke on the phone to my dealer in Northern California this morning and he also seemed somewhat confused. He told me that my order (which I placed 3 weeks ago) was in the order bank. He said that the manager at the dealership told the sales staff not to promise ANY i3 delivery dates, but that he *thinks* my car should be delivered at the end of May (unless someone else cancels - ?!) Fortunately, the Launch Edition has the *exact* configuration I want.

WaffleHouse said:
JWBMW said:
iczer34 said:

====

I spoke on the phone to my dealer in Northern California this morning and he also seemed somewhat confused. He told me that my order (which I placed 3 weeks ago) was in the order bank. He said that the manager at the dealership told the sales staff not to promise ANY i3 delivery dates, but that he *thinks* my car should be delivered at the end of May (unless someone else cancels - ?!) Fortunately, the Launch Edition has the *exact* configuration I want.

GL to you...if you are in March production you are fine.

Looks like not many ordering 'Launch Edition' .... need to wait and see...
I am planning to wait, to order Mega with Parking Package, DC Fast Charging, Heated Front Seat... when they open up for custom ordering....

My guess is, if there are not many 'Launch Edition' order by Feb end...then either BMW will accept custom order or discount the Launch Edition package....

I was told today that launch editions can be modified with or without the Harmon Kardon sound system, according to both the salesman and BMW factory rep at a test drive event today at Sonnen BMW, San Rafael, CA. Tera and all the other options except wheels are still mandatory.

Anyone else heard this, or are they mistaken?

davidrshelton said:
I'm highly skeptical that they are only producing/selling Tera in the initial few months. Down here in OC, I have an order in with Crevier for a Giga. I was originally planning on a loaded Tera, but the leasing costs, lack of baking in full $7500 credit and not having the sun roof option in the US models made me back off on principle alone. Crevier is one of largest BMW dealerships on the West Coast, and I heard that they have a pretty good allocation (80 cars, but I don't know if that's per month or annual). Find a reputable dealer that's going to sell you the car at MSRP and not jack up the money factor.

I'd check around with a few other dealerships. (Maybe the BMW of Fremont or Mountain View BMW might give you a better/different answer.)

Good luck,
D

David: Were you happy with the salesperson you used at Crevier and if so, would you recommend I call him to order? I have a deposit at Santa Monica BMW but it sounds like Crevier may have a larger initial allotment. I just want to cover all my bases! :) Thanks!

Back