I'm back ! Traded the Rex for a BEV

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justanotherdrunk

sort of ... the 2014 rex lease ended in february and i spent the last 7 months looking for another vehicle to replace it

drove many many cars and the i3 is still the best daily driver city car for me

i especially like the brake regen / tight turning radius / instant torque - quick off the line

the rex was worthless and its nice not dragging around 300 extra pounds

got her cpo in amazing immaculate condition with 26k, 2 years additional warranty for the stupid cheap price of $14.9K / $16.5K otd

100_7092-L.jpg

:cool:

Sparky said:
What year is that BEV? What were your thoughts on the Bolt, if you looked at it? Oops, just saw the bottom of the post, it’s a 2014.
I've been trying to test drive a Bolt for a while (slowly trickling into Michigan) and was finally able to drive one recently. I only had about 15 minutes to check it out because I had to drive a ways to the dealer during my lunch hour.

First impression, unimpressed. The instrument panel seems too busy, clustered with information at first glance. Seemed a little cramped in front and interior wasn't anything special. I was really disappointed at the fact that whenever I tried to test out the quick acceleration, the front wheels would spin and no traction control would kick in. I found it difficult to truly test the acceleration because of this. Of course the sales girl couldn't offer any advice about turning on traction control (I found myself schooling her more than her helping me), but it seems like it would be turned on by default. Also turning a sharp corner with acceleration made the front end want to slide, a similar experience I had when I test drove a Leaf.

I'm going to check out another Bolt as soon as one is available in my area and when I can spend more time with it, but I seriously doubt I'll be impressed with it after driving an i3 for 2 years.

justanotherdrunk said:
. . .

got her cpo in amazing immaculate condition with 26k, 2 years additional warranty for the stupid cheap price of $14.9K / $16.5K otd
Perhaps you might post a link to whoever is selling the car?

Sad to say, it does not appear to have a CCS port but still, L2 charging is much more common and not that bad.

Bob Wilson

bwilson4web said:
justanotherdrunk said:
. . .

Perhaps you might post a link to whoever is selling the car?

Sad to say, it does not appear to have a CCS port but still, L2 charging is much more common and not that bad.

Bob Wilson

dc fast charging is a novelty since even here in silicon valley they are few and far between

i charge L1 reduced (~8A) exclusively in the garage with no problems

Back