Coding the i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Folks I bought BimmerCode and did the programming.
1. Fuel tank size (didn't take)
2. Hold state of charge was blocked (told that function not available. See owners manual)
Tech support the BimmerCode said:
Hi Folks,
if have heard this before a while ago, but unfortunately I do not have a clue what is the cause of it.
Kind regards
Stephan

Does anyone know how to override the function not available?

I bought the BimmerCode and coded my Rex with it today. I was able to code the ‘Hold State of Charge’.. (however a drivetrain error went on after I drove with Rex later)

I’m curious why yours would say not available? Was there a new software upgrade recently? I haven’t taken mine to service at least four months but there was no message for new software.

BenPost said:
Folks I bought BimmerCode and did the programming.
1. Fuel tank size (didn't take)
2. Hold state of charge was blocked (told that function not available. See owners manual)
Tech support the BimmerCode said:
Hi Folks,
if have heard this before a while ago, but unfortunately I do not have a clue what is the cause of it.
Kind regards
Stephan

Does anyone know how to override the function not available?

MriLLesti3 said:
Yeah it seems to revert back, on initial coding the gauge reads 82 miles full and then after driving in Rex mode the white bars do not appear to go down until it hits the us mark of 62 miles driving in comfort of course, which is really weird because I gassed up and same here only 2.1gallons refuel on empty supposedly. I don't understand what the issue is, I have the most updates psdz data files and I am using e sys pro. If someone can chime on the situation that would be great. At least I know I am not the only one, and oh one more thing, after letting the car sit for a while I got a p2610 code which I think was due to the coding for the tank capacity which I cleared and has not came back, fingers crossed.

Anyone find a fix for this?

Well known issue, at some update last year or the year before the highest value able to be chosen is 16 1/2 liters (8 liters) which is 2.1 US gallons. You have to change it manually to 18 1/2 liters (9 liters) for the full 2.4 US gal. You need to change this in the “werte“ value which is hex, 18 in hex is 12. I select 8l then manually change the werte to 12.

As for the display, I could swear someone came up with a way to have it more accurately show 9l as well but I don’t have it in my coding notes, sorry. I moved from REx to BEV.

If you don’t have Facebook it’s worth signing up for even if you use a fake name and fake email address and only use it for the i3 group. The group is one of the best features of the car.

Good luck!

my dealer just updated my software for my 15 REX, so I need to recode the car.

most of the stuffs works using the cheat sheet, but the unlcok all doors with engine off(single-pull hnadles), I cant find the VAM_UNLOCK_KL15OFF_AFTER_PIA_AUTO_LOCK.

I found VAM_UNLOCK_CLSY_LAST_DOOR_CLOSE, VAM_UNLOCK_LID_IN_PRECATCH, VAM_UNLOCK_AT_OPEN_LID, do you know if it's on of them?

or does anyone know what is the parameter?

Thanks

Did you try searching for the entire or part of the term? Sometimes an update will move something from one section to another. From 3010 to 30D0 for example, but usually the discription stays the same. If you enter all or part of what you are looking for “PIA_AUTO_LOCK” for example in the search box it will search all sections for what you have put in the search box.

Good luck!

imolazhp said:
Well known issue, at some update last year or the year before the highest value able to be chosen is 16 1/2 liters (8 liters) which is 2.1 US gallons. You have to change it manually to 18 1/2 liters (9 liters) for the full 2.4 US gal. You need to change this in the “werte“ value which is hex, 18 in hex is 12. I select 8l then manually change the werte to 12.

As for the display, I could swear someone came up with a way to have it more accurately show 9l as well but I don’t have it in my coding notes, sorry. I moved from REx to BEV.

If you don’t have Facebook it’s worth signing up for even if you use a fake name and fake email address and only use it for the i3 group. The group is one of the best features of the car.

Good luck!

Facebook group is also having problems with it. Seems like Bimmercode app is doing the same thing (see photo). I tried your suggestion of the 9l using the hex value, but the gas tank eventually show 62mi on comfort mode when full so I know its not taking. It's really weird that even in the Bimmercode app, it's showing both options.

I wish I could figure this out.

22448279_10214453505072287_1853583278697283175_n.jpg

Rexi said:
SAS
If your car is equipped with active cruise control you can change the default distance when activating ACC, by default it shows 4 blocks (longest distance), below is reducing default to 1 block (shortest distance)
LDM_Abstandsstufe_init
set from: Stufe4
set to: Stufe2
BimmerCode doesn't include a "SAS" controller. I would like to change the ACC distance default to 1 block as suggested, but I haven't learned how to do this with BimmerCode. Any suggestions?

Hello, my first post on here. Can anyone help me code/convert to adaptive LED lights? I have the chance to get a pair of adaptive LED units but want to make sure i can actually get them to work. I believe they require coding but the connectors are the same? Can anyone point me in the right direction? Cheers

imolazhp said:
They adapt (move) with input from the steering wheel.
Is that true for U.S. models? They do move up and down according to the load being carried, but I thought that moving left and right based on steering wheel position was limited to markets other than the U.S. and maybe a few others.

alohart said:
imolazhp said:
They adapt (move) with input from the steering wheel.
Is that true for U.S. models? They do move up and down according to the load being carried, but I thought that moving left and right based on steering wheel position was limited to markets other than the U.S. and maybe a few others.

I thought that was the question, the difference between real adaptive lights (other BMW models) and regular LED headlights (i3). BMW only offers the i3 with one type of LED headlights. The other offering is halogen. The “adaptive” logo is just a marketing fail.

This video from 2012 shows a "BMW Adaptive" headlamp. I've not seen anything like this in driving with my 2014 i3's "Adaptive LED" headlamps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBUYm5AghVI

From my experience, the fixtures in the i3 offer only vertical deflection of the LED beam – no side-to-side or dynamically-controlled dimming for oncoming traffic seems to be available.

Knowing what the i3's lamps do, I think it's a bit of a stretch to use the term "Adaptive" once the other offerings from BMW are considered.

FWIW, at least until and if they rewrite the DOT lighting regulations in the USA, that type of adaptive headlight is illegal. Our antiquated laws require a high/low switch position, and does not allow the high beams to stay on, regardless of how the beam may be managed. So, you end up with either only low beams, or high beams, but no blending of the two in the USA (although that switching can be done automatically, it's still just hi/lo). In some ways, it's surprising that they allow the beam to move with the steering wheel to help illuminate around corners.

The laser headlights had to get dumbed down radically to be allowed, and for their cost, are mostly a waste in the USA verses how they perform elsewhere. Laser headlights in the USA had to pass FDA rules (Federal Drug Administration), not only DOT rules just because they are laser sourced. They had to add a safety interlock that would shut the laser off if the housing was damaged, and there was any possibility of the laser output itself would get out. FWIW, in the BMW system, the lasers illuminate phosphors, and are not projected directly out the front of the lamp housing, sort of like a fluorescent lamp, but using lasers to energize the phosphors to illuminance, verses an electron charge. They are a lot brighter, but well directed, because of the housing, the coherence of the laser beam, and lens assembly, and, you can tweak the beam pattern much easier than other current systems available today.

While talked about for years...having a vehicle certified in one country that could be sold, unmodified, in the USA, is still just a talking point, so we don't get the latest tech and the companies must design vehicles specifically for our market. It would be nice if they were reciprocal agreements, but they're not. Too much bureaucracy that would have to give up some control.

Hi,

I cannot disable seatbetls chimes on 2017 i3 REX US version as the following values are not in the list:
SeatBeltReminder_Fahrer
SeatBeltReminder_Beifahrer
SBR-Prewarning_Fahrer
SBR-Prewarning_Beifahrer

ACSM2 section has the following: CAFD_000011AB_007_002_002 which almost all section under 3001 marked as Gurtwarnung_X_Y_Z / "Trimmed function".

I use:
ESYS 3.28.1
v.63.3_PSdZData_Lite

The only idea so far is to check CAFD_000011AB_007_002_002 from full psdzdata. Can somebody send it (psdzdata\swe\cafd\cafd_000011ab.caf.007_002_002) to me (as archive is way too much to download)?

Are there any other ideas?

Vasso,
I am having the same issue (options not available), did you ever figure out a solution?

Thanks

Back