Online Software Updates available

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVMan

I noticed , u can download some software updates online , using your VIN.
I was thinking these will be the latest one ???

https://www.bmw.com/update
https://www.bmw.com/en/footer/software-updates.html

But , when i downloaded some updates, they looked old , i mean really old. from 2015 ( XML time stamps)
Can some one validate this ?

with one VIN of 2017 , it displayed software with MV. But the car has software with MN, and TN
With other VIN of 2016 , it displayed software MN 002.XXX.XXX , wear as the car has MN 003.XXX.XXX

Are these of any use ? or marketing check mark for updates ?

My Car , does not show Bluetooth connectivity status , unlike other BMWs
Also unlike and other BMW's , and all other cars , , it makes the same alert sound , weather u leave the lights on or the seat-belts.....

I was thinking , these will be fixed eventually...

I think Tesla may be the only company that offers on-line OTA updates for their whole vehicle...BMW's on-line updates only apply to non-critical things associated with the entertainment system (and, on some models, OTA navigation data), at least that I've seen so far.

You can program the i3 to use your phone's calling track, though. I haven't tried that, and don't remember if it's in the idrive menu, but it is a programmable function with the software.

BMW hasn't updated these media (MN) or telephone (TN) software downloads in several years. I was able to download media and telephone software that was newer than the installed versions only in 2015.

Updated media and telephone software was included in the July 2016 system software update installed on our 2014 BEV by our BMW dealer. Since that update, the installed media and telephone software has been newer than the downloadable versions.

My Media version is MN-003.013.001. My Telephone version is TN-003.013.001. It would be interesting if there were a newer version available.

Back