Price your BMW dealership charges for oil changes?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVBob

Greetings All,

For those of you who paid for the oil change in your i3 Rex - can you tell us what you the dealership charged?

Also if you had the annual inspection, brake fluid check/flush,etc - what were you charged?

Thanks!

My car is showing 'state inspection due', dealer said they can clear that for free and can also do the full Vehicle inspection(If i want),was quoted $190.

ps. is there a diy way to remove/reset 'State Inspection' message?

i3Houston" ps. is there a diy way to remove/reset 'State Inspection' message?[/quote said:
Changing that date is a simple thing in the vehicle status menu...just go there and change the date on the required service. Should take all of about 30-seconds.

I looked under the menu(By pressing and holding odometer button for ~10 seconds). It just showed me 1)Vehicle Check date and 2)Brake fluid.

Is there another place where this is located?

These are the steps i followed

1) Press 'Start' button without pressing down the brakes
2) Press and hold odometer reset button for about 5 seconds

Display then showed two dates, Brake fluid and Service check but not "State Inspection" date.

What did I miss.

It's in the i-drive menu...press menu, then vehicle status, then check control (the last option icon on the left). Doing this from memory, so might be off a little, but it's there. Since a state inspection is not a hardware issue, resetting the date due is something you can easily change.

jadnashuanh said:
It's in the i-drive menu...press menu, then vehicle status, then check control (the last option icon on the left). Doing this from memory, so might be off a little, but it's there. Since a state inspection is not a hardware issue, resetting the date due is something you can easily change.

Thanks so much! Saved me a trip to the dealership!! yay

Hi EVbob, in answer to your question, here in the UK we have been quoted £353.48 for the first service which will be due as per warning light OR in a year's time, (that date is what our indicator says on the vehicle's service menu.) This price includes taxes and is at today's prices. In addition to that the Brake fluid Service is priced at £119.12 and the Vehicle check is £135.00. On a separate thread where a member asks if a service plan needed, I mentioned this cost and for me, being offered the service plan at a cost of £399, I would have been crazy to have turned it down as it lasts until September 2021 or 80,000 miles, whichever is sooner, so we really are quids in! It also provides MOT cover for the vehicle's second and third MOT's. The first MOT is covered under the vehicle's warranty. It is transferrable should we sell the vehicle, but I cant see that happening.

Annual service? Dealer did service when the car was shop for a total of 13 weeks, after I first bought it, used. did not charge me as a courtesy....however car says next service is due May 2020, so it must be every two years??
Dan

The I-drive service menu will break down what service(s) are required and when. ONe thing that is called for every two years is flushing the brake lines and that timer starts from the date of manufacture, regardless of the usage.

Back