Interior Mood Lighting

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=537

I don't think Atelier models have this function. If you look under the iDrive settings menu under "lighting"...

In the USA, I believe models start at Mega world, which is akin to Loft. Then Lodge (Giga) and then Suite (Tera).

The manuals are very confusing as they often say "if equipped" but there's no way to tell, sometimes, how your car is equipped. I admit I was surprised that I had the lights in the door handles because I thought that was only part of Comfort Access. I still can't figure out whether my car has the pedestrian detection warning although I did eventually find a video from the introduction of the car that showed me where it is supposed to appear in the display.

FWIW, there are two different things related to pedestrians...in the USA, we do not get the pedestrian warning (sound outside) option, but some cars will detect a pedestrian in a sidewalk or approaching from the side. Each of those has a speed limit associated with it.

cmj912 said:
http://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=537

I don't think Atelier models have this function. If you look under the iDrive settings menu under "lighting"...

In the USA, I believe models start at Mega world, which is akin to Loft. Then Lodge (Giga) and then Suite (Tera).

The manuals are very confusing as they often say "if equipped" but there's no way to tell, sometimes, how your car is equipped. I admit I was surprised that I had the lights in the door handles because I thought that was only part of Comfort Access. I still can't figure out whether my car has the pedestrian detection warning although I did eventually find a video from the introduction of the car that showed me where it is supposed to appear in the display.

Thank you very much, indeed.

cmj912 said:

The manual covers all possible equipment. Check the window sticker or have your dealer pull a Vehicle Inquiry report based upon your VIN to determine exactly how your vehicle is configured. For what it's worth, my U.S. window sticker lists Ground Illuminating Lights in Door Handles under standard equipment. You can also check the Price and Ordering Guide that BMW NA provides for each model to help dealer personnel navigate the BMW spec system. Bimmerpost has the original 2014 i3 guide:

http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928940

It helps correlate equipment names that vary for marketing purposes by country with the alpha numeric codes the factories use during assembly. For example, the U.S. offers a Rear View Camera while the U.K. sells a Reversing Assist Camera yet both have the code 3AG.

Is it a complicated system? Yes. But then assembling vehicles to suit all of the varying regulations and expectations of every global market on a single line is complex.

stumbledotcom said:
cmj912 said:

The manual covers all possible equipment. Check the window sticker or have your dealer pull a Vehicle Inquiry report based upon your VIN to determine exactly how your vehicle is configured. For what it's worth, my U.S. window sticker lists Ground Illuminating Lights in Door Handles under standard equipment. You can also check the Price and Ordering Guide that BMW NA provides for each model to help dealer personnel navigate the BMW spec system. Bimmerpost has the original 2014 i3 guide:

http://bmwi.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928940

It helps correlate equipment names that vary for marketing purposes by country with the alpha numeric codes the factories use during assembly. For example, the U.S. offers a Rear View Camera while the U.K. sells a Reversing Assist Camera yet both have the code 3AG.

Is it a complicated system? Yes. But then assembling vehicles to suit all of the varying regulations and expectations of every global market on a single line is complex.

The window sticker was already off my car when I bought it.
I will look at that other list as you suggest.
In other news the neighbor has agreed to stand in the street and see what kind of pedestrian warning I get.
(Just kidding).

i just got mine 94 REx and its deka world, tech, parking assitance. walking near the door handle dont illuminate. i checked the lights under the handle and they are there..
i got spoiled with our 3 GT..

ad78 said:
i just got mine 94 REx and its deka world, tech, parking assitance. walking near the door handle dont illuminate. i checked the lights under the handle and they are there..

I got a 2016 Rex.
The sticker says door handle lights under STANDARD equipment,
But i see no setting to enable them

LED lighting in cars is refreshing, attractive and pleasant and has an appealing contemporary touch.
Lights indirectly matched to the car drivers whether young or old male or female-
Through LED lights you can decorate your BMW from inside.

EVMan said:
ad78 said:

I got a 2016 Rex.
The sticker says door handle lights under STANDARD equipment,
But i see no setting to enable them

Has anyone figured this out? I have the 2016 Deka World and see the LED lights on the door handles themselves, but I've never seen them illuminated. I also have no clue what everyone's talking about regarding blue lighting in the interior. How is this engaged? USA owner.

sipabit said:
I also have no clue what everyone's talking about regarding blue lighting in the interior. How is this engaged?
Just unlock the doors using your fob. These lights won't illuminate if the doors are unlocked using Comfort Access.

I don't know whether these lights are standard on all trim levels. Our 2014 U.S. Giga World has them.

alohart said:
Just unlock the doors using your fob. These lights won't illuminate if the doors are unlocked using Comfort Access.

I don't know whether these lights are standard on all trim levels. Our 2014 U.S. Giga World has them.

Can confirm this works on 2015 Mega and 2015 Terra Trims

alohart said:
sipabit said:
I also have no clue what everyone's talking about regarding blue lighting in the interior. How is this engaged?

I learned that this is yet another thing I'm missing on the Value Package.

Back