Electric Vehicles and the BMW i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janner

After 5500 downloads of my book on EVs and the i3, I’ve updated to the third edition - ‘Electric Vehicles and the BMW i3’ . For this latest edition there is some new text and graphs on dynamics, emissions, batteries, battery management , cell balancing, charging profiles, temperature impacts and charger efficiencies have been added. A new section on the impact of Power Transistors has also been included. Some amendments and corrections have been implemented throughout following Art Isbell’s forensic proof reading.

In June of 2016, after just a year of owning my i3, I published a book about Electric Vehicles and the i3. The book was a compilation of the key things I would have liked to have known when I first bought an Electric Vehicle. I covered performance, range, temperature, key components, battery technology, charging, heating and cooling and the range extender. Reviews were positive - Autovolt magazine describing it “If you’re after a more technical understanding of electric cars, this brilliant ebook by David bricknell is a fascinating in-depth look at the inner workings of an electrified car.” As of March 2017. the book has ‘sold’ over 5500 copies.

The book remains available on iTunes but no longer through Issuu due to Ts&Cs. I'm looking at non-Apple publishers.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1125422107

For those who have read the first and second editions and for those new to the book, I hope you enjoy the update.

David

Thank you for all your hard work on this. I downloaded on iTunes and want to share with my non Apple friends. Is there any way to "publish" this as as a .pdf file ?

I am looking into a non-Apple platform to promote the book. I'll post again once I have something sorted.

For those of you who would like to read my book but haven't been able to access it on Apple's iTunes, I have now reformatted for the Kindle Store. I hope you enjoy it.
https://read.amazon.co.uk/kp/embed?asin=B071NW79HV&preview=newtab&linkCode=kpe&ref_=cm_sw_r_kb_dp_BzkfzbZZT0FVC

You are doing great hard work. I also had been looking for a useful Electric car buyers guide and found your book. Actually one of my friends told me about it and truly it was just so beneficial for me to know about everything about these electric vehicles.

It is a fantastic book! I have read it twice, and still find new and exciting things!

Happy New Year,

HyperMiler

janner said:
Now updated to include 120Ah as well as i3S and LCI.

Hi, I just checked my previously purchased book in amazon store. It does not look like its updated with 120Ah
Do previous buyers need to buy again the new book, or is it supposed to update for existing purchasers ????

Thanks

EVMan said:
Hi, I just checked my previously purchased book in amazon store. It does not look like its updated with 120Ah
Do previous buyers need to buy again the new book, or is it supposed to update for existing purchasers ????
Something similar is happening in the iBook Store. I see the updated version but I am not offered the ability to download it or purchase it. The iBook Store seems to think that I already have the updated version and merely offers me the opportunity to read what I already have which is the previous version.

This might be because I downloaded the initial free version. If I deleted what I have, I might be able to purchase the new version although deletion can mean just deleting the local copy with the iBook Store remembering that I have already "purchased" for free the earlier version. Technology…

alohart said:
EVMan said:
Something similar is happening in the iBook Store. I see the updated version but I am not offered the ability to download it or purchase it. The iBook Store seems to think that I already have the updated version and merely offers me the opportunity to read what I already have which is the previous version.

This might be because I downloaded the initial free version. If I deleted what I have, I might be able to purchase the new version although deletion can mean just deleting the local copy with the iBook Store remembering that I have already "purchased" for free the earlier version. Technology…

I called amazon, and they fixed it.
So this may be a bug indeed

Art. - I hadn’t realised there was a problem downloading the Apple Book. I struggled to get the new version via my Applebooks oage so I’ve asked Apple to sort the problem out. However, I did a search for my book on Applebook via a search engine and opened the link. This found me the book and let me update for free. I think you will have had to have bought one of the previous versions though first. God luck. David. P.s. I’ll post again if I hear anything from Apple.

Apple confirmed that the latest edition is available. Let me know if you’re still having difficulties down loading. BTW upgrading from version 3 is free.

janner said:
I think you will have had to have bought one of the previous versions though first.
I think because I downloaded the initial free version, I am apparently unable to update from version 3 to 4. This might be due to an iBooks design flaw that did not consider the case of a free book becoming a book that is no longer free.

I don't know what would happen if I deleted my local copy and tried to download it again. I suspect that I would not be able to download version 3 but would be required to buy version 4.

Back