What does (1)-(2) beside fan symbol mean on Remote Cockpit ?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phola

What does the 1-2 symbol mean on Connected Drive? See bottom right of screen.

dXqi20

https://ibb.co/dXqi20

Interesting, the Connected Drive website in the USA does not look like that at all. Do the 1 & 2 symbols change if you disable the preconditioning settings in the car?

I have pre-conditioning set up for the past month but the (1)-(2) only appeared in last week or so. I've asked bmw UK to explain and they cannot! BMW may be able to make cars, but they don't excel at User Interface.

I just noticed the (1) and (2) in my USA BMW Connected app. No clue what it means, and I am trying to recall what was there previously.

Where are you seeing it in the US Connected app? Mine doesn't look anything like that, and I don't see any such 1-2 anywhere.

Thanks so much!

Guess (1) means peak and (2) means off-peak. Will check and see how that was setup. Some of the defaults on the Android app are annoying.

Paddy

Different take:

I always took those as a poorly thought out rendition of coins... As in charging off-peak saves you money. It's just an icon... And not a good one.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wow. Never noticed it. Now I probably won't be able to un-see it...

Looking at it, yeah, I have to agree with DigitalEl, it is definitely referring specifically to the Off-Peak Timer, so probably means either "coins" or just "on/off times" as in "time 1/time 2".

Back