Traffic jam assist retro

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When using e-sys, can I connect to the ECM's using the veepeak bluetooth dongle that I got for bimmercode? Or is there a physical cable that I need to connect to the OBD port to make e-sys work?

I am looking into getting the module but I am concerned about getting a dud and having to deal with shipping back and forth over the Northern Wall ;)

You need a BMW ENET cable. It's an ethernet cable that plugs into the OBD port and your Laptop's Ethernet port on the other side

TheMK said:
Coding the entire car fixed that issue. To do this you 'code' the SVT.
So to code the SVT you press the "Read SVT" button instead of "Read ECU" button. Then right click the ECU then select "Code". This is the bit I find confusing. What is the difference between read SVT or ECM?
TheMK said:
Also, you're probably aware of this, but your i3 needs to have the tech package, (option code 5AT [from the factory]), in order to do the TJA retrofit.
Great, there was no mention of it on the Quidzel website. I am still waiting on delivery of the OBD2 plug/ethernet cable. Then I can check if the SALAPA-element folder includes the 5AT option. But surely if my BMW i3 can do a reverse parallel park doing its own steering then it must have the tech package. I even specifically asked Sam at Quidzel if my BMW i3 94AH 2016 can be retrofitted with TJA and he replied "Yes, you should be able to have TJA for your i3." He did not mention anything about a tech package. :evil: :evil: :evil: Thanks for your reply.

EDITED: I checked the VIN number with a BMW online VIN decoder and it says it has 5AT - Driving Assistant Plus. Should be good.

lopezjm2001 said:
Great, there was no mention of it on the Quidzel website.
You must be reading a different website. https://quidzel.com says right on the front page:

b.) Code all ECUs.
1. go back to expert mode->Coding, read ECU on the right. You should see all your ECUs populate on the left.
2. Right click on the top level SVT folder above the ECU tree, and Read Coding. Then go save all the current FDL coding to a different folder for backup.
3. Then right click top level SVT, and Code. This will update all modules CAFD for the new FA. Generally all modules need to be updated with the new FA, even if the 5AR change only affects BDC_Body, Kombi, & ICM/SAS.

I have a question.
When coded to "all roads", does TJA work on 2 lane roads? Does it work with no car in front of it? Can it handle sharp turns?

gt1 said:
I have a question.
When coded to "all roads", does TJA work on 2 lane roads? Does it work with no car in front of it? Can it handle sharp turns?

It does indeed work on a 2 lane road. There does need to be an edge marking though, not just a center. It doesn't care about passing vs. no-passing marks in the center. It needs a car in front of it, unfortunately, otherwise the system shuts down. Too bad there's not a way (AFAIK) to change a coding option to get it to work without a car in front. It carries on for about 10 seconds after the car in front of you leaves and then shuts down, it seems to work OK, but it really likes to track the car in front of you. No it can not handle sharp turns. The problem seems to be the number of degrees the system is willing to turn more than anything. Again, AFAIK, there is no way to increase this limit though coding.

Just received my TJA HOD module in the mail today. Installed it. Did the VO coding thing followed by coding the ECUs. Appeared that nothing had changed except losing existing code changes. I repeated all the coding a few times. Then I just happened to press a particular button on the steering wheel which activates TJA and got the message "Need to be on Motorway to enable TJA". I did not know there was a button to activate TJA. I thought the TJA would activate automatically when I pressed cruise control button. Anyhow it all works now and I am really stoked. Thanks to Mr Quidzel whoever he is. Probably first BMW i3 in Australia with TJA. :D :D :D :D

I have ordered and installed Quidzel module but having issues with coding 5AR.
After adding 5AR to SALAPA-Element, saved it, then right clicked FA, and press "calculate FP".
It then gives me an error.
The error says "PSdZ Error. No FP could be generated from FA "". [C002]. No FA2FP known for Entwicklungsbaureihe I001 [858]

Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

The syntax is alpha-numeric and commas only, no spaces.
The syntax is to add new elements in alphabetical order.
Anything else other than the above will give you an error. Make sure that you have not inadvertently added a space somewhere or added a full stop "." is not allowed either.
Hope this helps but maybe you already know this.

lopezjm2001 said:
The syntax is alpha-numeric and commas only, no spaces.
The syntax is to add new elements in alphabetical order.
Anything else other than the above will give you an error. Make sure that you have not inadvertently added a space somewhere or added a full stop "." is not allowed either.
Hope this helps but maybe you already know this.
I did write 5AR, in alphabetical order with comma. Same error.

lopezjm2001 said:
Found the same error here https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696777&page=106
You need to use the latest version ESYS 3.28.1, ESYS Launcher & PSdZDATA v.63.3
I strictly followed all the instructions from this link:
https://www.bmwesys.com/guides/Beginners Guide Coding.pdf

Your suggestion worked great, Thank you! Got my i3 to display TJA on screen. But now, I need to code it again to work above 35mph and on the back roads not just freeways. Is there a step by step tutorials out there somewhere? I know what to change using E-sys but I do not want to mess or miss anything when I'm coding.
Thanks in advance.

Congratulations. Just need to use FDL coding for the rest. Read about it in the same shortcut you used before https://www.bmwesys.com/guides/Beginners%20Guide%20Coding.pdf. Pretty straight forward.

tpaxadpom said:
Here is what one need to change in i3.
to disable interstate only:
SAS/3000/LDM_STA_Einschraenkung - set to "keine Einschraenkung"
to disable max speed:
SAS/3000/LDM_QalcgRel_v_Tacho_aktiv_kmh - change hex value to "63" (0x63 = 99 in decimal = 99kmh). You can change hex value to whatever you want to. The default setting is 60kmh.
SAS/3000/LDM_QalcgRel_v_Tacho_aktiv_mph - change hex value to "3E" (0x3E = 62 in decimal = 62mph). You can change hex value to whatever you want to. The default setting is 35mph.

BTW after emulator replacement the TJA is working fine.

Ok, I have finally coded so it will activate tja on every road upto 99 mph. Everything works great, except it does not activate the instrument cluster’s indication light. This is the light below cruise control light with steering wheel picture. How do I activate this light when tja is activated?

Ryankim0113 said:
Ok, I have finally coded so it will activate tja on every road upto 99 mph. Everything works great, except it does not activate the instrument cluster’s indication light. This is the light below cruise control light with steering wheel picture. How do I activate this light when tja is activated?
After pressing the button to activate JSA (bottom button LHS on steering wheel) which is a different button which activates ACC. When the conditions are right i.e. a white lane line is visible on each side and a car is also visible in front the steering wheel indication light should come on by itself. When this happens you should feel the steering wheel steering itself. If you make any undue turning of the steering wheel it will turn off quietly. Also the blinker signal will turn it off quietly. If for some reason the lane is too narrow or cannot see lane lines or the car in front is too far or road bend radius is too small or camera vision is obstructed by direct sunlight or dirt it will beep and turn off. The beep is very loud and will wake you up.

Lopezjm2001,
Yes, everything works and steering wheel start to steer by itself when I press tja button but no indicator on top center of the screen. When it’s activated it shows me that tja is activated upto 99mph (I set it up as 99mph) on bottom of its screen. I don’t understand why it won’t show on top center. :?:

hi all,

where in the code do i locate this ?

SAS/3000/LDM_STA_Einschraenkung - set to "keine Einschraenkung"

Back