Sport Wheels on a 2017 REx

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tacfoto

I really wanted custom wheels but it seemed impossible to find any that would actually fit, then I came across a set of wheels and tires from a 2018 sport model. They are just what I was looking for. Custom and yet still BMW i3. They do stick out a little more in the fender which I really like.

IMG_6788 by RexPhoto91, on Flickr

Untitled by RexPhoto91, on Flickr

I have the RIAL X10-i in black, and with the blue BMW i center caps they make the car look stellar IMO. Unfortunately mine were curbed during a recent snow storm, so I'll have to repaint a part of them/ touch them up. I also have the stock 20-inch wheels that I used during the summer.

Love those 431 style wheels and I might get a set in black next year. I bought the X10-I and it has the all season tires and thinking of selling the set. I'd rather have the OE 431.

Mercedes-fitment are the ones to shop for. 5x112 PCD, 66.5CB, and find the lowest offset possible. ET40 on a 7.5J x 19" rim needs a 24mm spacer with 215 tyres to clear the front spring by 4mm (same if you're fitting i8 wheels). ET 32 offset will work with 15mm spacers. You'll need arch extensions, the i3-S arch-trims + a 1cm plastic spacer keeps it legal.

I have 20mm spacers on all four corners of my 2017 i3 BEV with 428 wheels (which I don't really love), and I think it looks great. Is there more stability due to the wider track? I don't know about that, but it seems good and smooth, even in the wind. And there's been no penalty in efficienty or handling, as far as I can tell. No rubbing.

I agree that pushing the tires outward a bit looks nice, especially if you have the skinny winter tires on the 427 rims. Spacers + black PlastiDip = a good looking combo.

Back