i3 Remote

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boltoni3

Anyone in Canada experiencing problems with remote access? I've been unable to remotely monitor SOC since March 26'th. BMW Canada is unresponsive - I've only been told it is a problem for android phones. No idea when or if there will be a resolution.

Same problem in Victoria. The last update shown in the app is Mar. 26. I've seen some indication they were going to switch Canada to the connected app, but their estimated date was last October.

We have the same problem. Wasted half a day talking to dealer and other BMW corporate people. Finally told to send them a screenshot of error message. Got the following response:

Good Afternoon,

At this moment we are experiencing an issue with My BMW Remote App where users are not able to login or commands are being executed correctly.

This situation is being looked into and we will let you know once the problem has been resolved.

Thank you and Best regards,

Peter

BMW ConnectedDrive Canada

My iRemote went directly to a link to the new Connected app . I downloaded it and although I already had an account , I'm quite sure that I completed the process to create a new one . Once the account was created then I was able to add my car using the last 7 characters of the VIN .

I would suggest going to your app store and looking for the new 'Connected' app .

The US is also pushing the Connected App, and it's a problem for me. I have both an iPad and an iPhone...it works fine on my iPhone, but every time I start the iRemote on my iPad, it asks me to download the Connected Drive app...but, that iPad does not have cellular, and when I try, it says it is not supported, so I go back to the iRemote app and skip past the prompt to get the Connected app. After a recent update, it would not work at all on the iPad, but then they must have changed something and it was back.

Thanks for the comments - and confirmation others have lost remote access.

Two weeks and i3 Remote is still not working. I sent an email to GM at dealership suggesting that supporting technology is important for EV ownership (i.e. SOC monitoring while charging away from home (not all chargers are reliable), preconditioning battery before returning to car... etc). This message was ignored by the GM - the dealership product genius repeated that no fix has been found, nor is there any information about when a fix is expected. I'm sure my term of my subscription continues to elapse.

This situation will certainly weigh into my decision when time comes to replace the vehicle.

Is anyone able to use i3Remote access on an android yet?? I still see only "unknown error has occurred. Please try to login again."

Amazing - 1 month and no BMW fix/no explanation!

Back