Tire pressure sticker missing?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there are some brackets in the hatch to keep the triangle in place for the European version. Mine does not have any of that.

I would love to see if the EU version has the same stickers as mine, though. Curiosity at this point. If anybody overseas could check, it would be fantastic.

vinc said:
I think there are some brackets in the hatch to keep the triangle in place for the European version. Mine does not have any of that.

I would love to see if the EU version has the same stickers as mine, though. Curiosity at this point. If anybody overseas could check, it would be fantastic.

I'll post some photos of my UK spec i3s.

2018 i3s Right Hand Drive LCI 94Ah REx. Type Code 7Z82. This is a UK spec car that also meets EU regulations.

The VIN plate is under one of the front seats. I haven't looked at it.

Tire pressure plate. This is on the driver's side rear half-door. (RHD!) The iDrive TPM screen displays tire pressure in Bar even though the UK uses PSI.

gKbhypE.jpg

Thank you! This is very helpful. Now I am pretty much convinced that my i3 was originally intended for Europe and got rerouted to the US. Like myself :D

I have been told by someone who used to work at a group of Dealership in Germany and around the EU that all the add-on 'safety' equipment needed to meet specific country regs. (Warning Triangle, High Visibility Vests, First Aid Kit, Fire Extinguisher, etc.) usually arrive in parts-bags in the trunk/back of the car, and the Dealer is supposed to place/install as part of Dealer prep of the car.

For the i3, the red warning triangle has a slightly recessed area where it is supposed to be attached on the inside of the rear hatch.

Anecdotal, in EU countries where the safety equipment is required, the local authorities are serious about it. Friend was riding with a relative in Germany, who was pulled over in a traffic stop. First thing the Autobahnpolizei asked to see, after licence/registration, was all the required safety equipment. Apparently the fine for missing equipment in some EU countires can range from $50 to as high as $1,300 Euros :eek: ,

I guess for a U.S. car, mine is not the norm.

It has the red emergency road triangle on the back hatch.

Triangle.jpg

And both the BMW Emergency First Aid Kit, and the BMW High Visibility Safety Vests

Safety 1.jpg

Tucked into the the Frunk on-board storage bag.

View attachment Safety 2.jpg

MKH said:
I guess for a U.S. car, mine is not the norm.

And both the BMW Emergency First Aid Kit, and the BMW High Visibility Safety Vests
Amazing. How old is your car? Could it have been part of the press fleet? I've sat in one pre-production BMW (not an i3) and it had different stickers.

Have you checked your car's options on bimmer.work ?

Mine has:

230 Eu Specific Additional Equipment Eu Spezifische Zusatzumfaenge
428 Warning Triangle Warndreieck
812 England Version England/irland Ausfuehrung
880 English / On-board Documentation Englisch / Bordliteratur

In Bimmer.work the car shows a production date of 2015-09-10.
Market USA
853 Language Version English Sprachversion Englisch
8BK Loading Dose Export Ladedose Export

No 230 or 428 listed in the options

From the history in Carfax, started life as a Dealer service loaner in Texas, in a smallish-town (100,000 population). Then was sold on a three year lease. I got it from a BMW lease return vehicle auction when the lease ended, and the previous owner turned in the car.

Might be something the Dealer just added?

US dealers are not able to order the first aid kit.

Actually, BMW USA shows a couple of different BMW first aid kits, as well as the BMW safety vests listed for sale on their web-site and links you to a local dealer to complete the purchase.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/BMW-SAFETY-PRODUCTS

No warning triangle, however - so your guess on the last owner adding these items may be likely. I remember when I had my Mini Cooper, and was in for service at the local BMW dealer, a BMW owner, who had recently immigrated from Poland, was asking how to have his new BMW equipped with the 'EU normal' safety gear. Guess if you are used to having to have those safety items in a car, to the point of heavy fines if they are missing, you don't see your car as fully equipped without them.

Part of the reason why BMW has a place to store a first aid kit is that it is the law that requires you to stop and offer aid if you see an accident in Germany. Not sure about other EU countries.

MKH said:
Actually, BMW USA shows a couple of different BMW first aid kits, as well as the BMW safety vests listed for sale on their web-site and links you to a local dealer to complete the purchase.

https://www.shopbmwusa.com/BMW-SAFETY-PRODUCTS

The American kit is different. It looks like BMW USA are selling an approximation of the German kit made-up of US approved components.

This is the current German DIN 13 162 first aid kit, sold by BMW Park Lane.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuine-Emergency-First-Aid-Travel-Kit-Black-Storage-Pouch-Bag-71107263439-/190704682671?hash=item2c66e286af

Guess if you are used to having to have those safety items in a car, to the point of heavy fines if they are missing, you don't see your car as fully equipped without them.

I go though annual first aid training as part of my job. We've got kits in both cars and a much large set of kits at work. I hope I never need to use any of them.

Back