Canada

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you need to drop into a Costco with the exact sizing and tire type for them to look them up.

That's weird PMC wouldn't ship to you, i swear i saw an Ontarian on the Toronto i3 facebook group say they order from there *shrug*

PMCtires probably doesn't have too many tires in stock. So they only ship and install at Sherbrooke Centre in QC.

I will go to Costco and ask if they can order some for me.

Thank you very much!

There are two companies that make winter tires that fit the i3: Bridgestone and Nokian...of the two, the Nokian is probably a better winter tire. You might look for the Nokians and have a few more choices. FWIW, the winter tires are generally made in the summer, and if they misguess the quantity needed, as the winter approaches, you can't find them anymore. They may make all-seasons the whole year, but both the winter and summer tires generally get swapped on the line for the coming season, rather than being made continually.

Thanks for that. Now I know to put in an order with my local Kal-Tire dealer (Nokians are exclusive to them in Canada IIRC) well ahead of time.

I placed a special order at Costco store three weeks ago. The staff there got a confirmation number from Bridgestone. They found out today that Bridgestone doesn't have any stock at all at that time. It was a mistake. Now I back to square one.

Does any one have luck with Kal-Tire?

I finally got my winter tires from Mavis Discount Tires in US. Anyone who's still looking for winter tires in Canada can try to go to Niagara Falls in US. They have a few tires in stock.

No luck at Costco but got them at Canadian Tire, Winter Bridgestone Blizzak LM500 155/70R/19 for $155 ea + install
in South Delta, BC

Hi, can you tell me, did you get the 155's for the front & the 175's for the rear? This will be our first winter with our i3. Thanks for any feedback.

i3BC said:
Hi, can you tell me, did you get the 155's for the front & the 175's for the rear? This will be our first winter with our i3. Thanks for any feedback.
As far as I've been able to find out, there are NO rear tires for the i3 for the 20" option, or the wider, 175 rear wheels. Meaning, if you don't want to buy a full new set of wheels, you'd need at least two of them. IMHO, the cost of swapping the tires on the wheels twice a year quickly ends up costing more than buying a set of wheels and having winter tires mounted. In Canada, from what I can tell, BMW does not use the TPMS sensors, so you can use regular valve stems. You'll be able to confirm that by looking at yours...if they're rubber, you don't have TPMS...if they're metal, you do. That should save a few hundred dollars.

Anyone having problems with the BMW iRemote app for Android (Canada)?

It stopped working for me last March 26. I tried reinstalling the app and now, I can't log in on the app. I logged in to the BMW Canada ConnectedDrive website to confirm that my profile is set up and my car registered. Even did a password reset and still can't log in to the Android app.

I reported the issue to BMW Canada but haven't received any replies. Anybody else had similar issues but with better luck?

Do you mean this?... https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.bmw.connected&hl=en_CA

I tried to get that using Google Play on my android phone but I got an error message saying "This item is not available in your country." - Google Play won't let me download/install it.

Ok. I had to use an apk mirror to get the NA version of BMW Connected installed. It looks like it's working - it pulled the data from my last trip.

Thanks!

The BMW connected app is now available for direct download from the play store for Canada.

The old account we had for the i3 app didn't work, but creating a new account did. I suspect this is because the password requirements have changed to include a special character, and we rarely log in via the web site.

You'll be asked to enter your VIN, and as part of the setup a code will be sent to your car for verification.

I'm considering a BMW i3 REX. Does anyone have a wifi hotspot in their i3 ? monthly Cost ? OR is it just simpler and cheaper to have a cellphone data plan and setup a hotspot for laptop use ? I have a SparkEV with Onstar - data only . Works great , but expensive . 11GB - $70/mth + tax. I usually get 1.5GB for $15 . But when travelling last summer , I bumped to more data. - 11 GB - $70 CAD. TIA

SparkEV said:
I'm considering a BMW i3 REX. Does anyone have a wifi hotspot in their i3 ? monthly Cost ? OR is it just simpler and cheaper to have a cellphone data plan and setup a hotspot for laptop use ? I have a SparkEV with Onstar - data only . Works great , but expensive . 11GB - $70/mth + tax. I usually get 1.5GB for $15 . But when travelling last summer , I bumped to more data. - 11 GB - $70 CAD. TIA

I had the hotspot on trial when i first leased the 2019 i3s, it worked fine but the cost didn't make any sense when we already have 2 phones and an iPad with a family data plan. I would post a screenshot of the cost of the BMW data plan but the connected-drive site is down for maintenance right now.

Back