Sound System Problem

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oettli

Hi, I am a new user, having owned my i3 for a few months. I loaded some of my favourite music onto a USB stick, inserted it in the car and hey presto! all my music appeared and could be played. I then added another 50 tracks, inserted the stick again and found that all the system would play were the tracks I first loaded, calling the stick 'USB 1'. How do I:
a) make it 'see' the new track I have added to the USB stick, or
b) if that is not possible, erase USB 1 and then re-enter the 'new' stick with all the content, or
c) create a USB 2 that contains all the tracks.
I have tried the manual but find it confusing.
I would really appreciate some help, preferably step by step - so that an idiot like me can understand it.
Many thanks

Did you import the contents of USB 1 or were you playing files directly off the USB drive?

Based on your description, I suspect the former. Go to the menu where you select the source and make sure you activate USB. Then you should be able to import the new tracks.

Thank you so much for your help. I followed your advice and now all my tracks are playing perfectly. Most grateful!

Back