Seat belt buckle won't latch

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joff

One day I couldn't get the seat belt buckle to latch. Tried it again and again. Looked very closely at the latching mechanism - it was clean and seemed to be doing what it's supposed to do. I needed to get somewhere so I just plugged my belt into the passenger side buckle. dinged at me for a while but I felt safe. Later I tried again and after getting ready to remove the buckle, it just started latching again. Has been good for a week except for one brief relapse. Has anyone seen anything like that? I suppose the latching mechanism doesn't come apart, ya?

I think the receiver end moves a little, in my car it moved back and then the buckle would not fit because seat fabric was sort of coming in the way, in other words, buckling up requires little more force. But simply moving the buckle up fixed the problem.

I still have this intermittent problem. There is not any fabric or anything else in the way, pressing harder does not make a difference. It is going all the way in. I plan some time to work on it at a later date, and it just works with no issue next time I go to use it.

Back