Traffic jam assist retro

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KrisM said:
A question ,

I have TJA from factory on my 2018 i3, is there a way to remove the 2 hands on steering wheel ?

In the US market we do not have the steering wheel with the sensor(s) that detect 2 hands on wheel. For that, we use the Quidzel adapter to trick the car into thinking the wheel is held at all times. You can purchase the same adapter to trick your car into thinking the wheel is held... but this is a pricey way to solve your issue.

I'd love to have the sensing wheel as I like the safety aspect. The $300 and 'tricking' of the car makes me weary of using TJA. :(

Does anyone know if the Enhanced Auto comfort-drive TJA module is still being sold? The Enhanced Auto website is constantly showing that the module is sold out. If it is still being sold, I think I would like to try it first before the Quidzel module. Thanks.

Hi all,

Has anyone captured the can bus message that is produced by the hod control unit (32-30-6-875-202). Looking for a fun diy project...

Thanks
Tom

KrisM said:
Derek thanks for the reply, yeah 300 bucks for not keeping my hands on the wheel is a bit to much.

And you would need to remove the original HOD module as well... so two modules aren't responding to the HOD inquiries.

Hi folks, you can build your own TJA/HOD emulator chip by following our DIY, checkout the following thread: ;)

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13348049

So far this has only been tested on F10. We need feedback from owners of other series who can try it out to see if it works for their series. If it doesn't work as is, in most likelihood a software update of the emulator should make it work, and hopefully your hardware won't be wasted.

I've been researching to retrofit ACC/Lane Assist/TJA without a clear instruction (BKM) as I get bits of information from here and there. I own a 2014 with the driver's assistance package, there's a camera in the lower portion of the windshield. I have bimmercode, so what would I need to retrofit? (new windshield, camera, control module, steering wheel bypass, etc...). Please help. My payment is a detailed BKM for fellow BMW i3 enthusiasts. Thanks.

loudog3114 said:
This is an old thread... but is there any ability to add TJA now with quidzel closing up shop?
There are Facebook pages about people who build their own HOD emulators to enable TJA. Like this one https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMWi3/permalink/6432781516795655/?mibextid=W9rl1R

Back