derekgates

Re: Windows slightly opening when opening/closing door...

Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:01 pm

umptysquat wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:20 pm
Thanks all. Learned my lesson about full disclosure in the original post. Tried to keep it brief but caused confusion.
No worries. You are concerned about damaging something that costs money. I think we have all been there!

Thankfully, tint is pretty common and there are plenty of success stories. :D

i3Alan

Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:42 am

umptysquat wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:45 pm
So literally no way to turn it off?.
I’m asking specifically b/c I want to get my windows tinted and can’t roll down windows for 24h. Could tint and leave doors open until set but seems ridiculous to not be able to disable it.
When I had my i3 tinted, I asked my tint guy the same question. He said it is no problem, as they stick a screwdriver in the latching mechanism to trick the door into thinking it is closed and thereby causing the window to go all the way up. This allows the entire window to be tinted.

robthebold

Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:39 pm

i3Alan wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:42 am
When I had my i3 tinted, I asked my tint guy the same question. He said it is no problem, as they stick a screwdriver in the latching mechanism to trick the door into thinking it is closed and thereby causing the window to go all the way up. This allows the entire window to be tinted.
So you could borrow my 5-year-old to hold down that switch for a day or so. He discovered it the first time he climbed into my i3.

Or for a more practical -- or childless -- person, perhaps just disconnecting the 12V battery.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”