Our second i3 , a 2020 in Melbourne Red is ordered

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanisLupus

Our second i3 is ordered and will be coming to life soon . Then we'll have 2 . This time we'll be able to track the progress of our new car .

Very cool! I had a Capparis White i3, and am soon to replace it with a Melbourne Red i3s. Looking forward to the change in aesthetics!

I chose the - Premium Enhanced package , 20" bi-colour 431 wheels which also means the new suspension , Eucalyptus dash . The original motor/generator is plenty for me so I didn't opt for the i3s .

Where are you located? (in California, seems like the dealers are still trying to get rid of all the leftover REX models and not taking new orders yet).

Do you have any information on pricing / options on the 2020 and how it compared to the 2019 model?

I didn't know BMW was already producing 2020s. I order a 2019 in September and took delivery of it last weekend. BMWUSA still only has 2019s, so I'm guessing you're elsewhere?

My understanding is that production won't begin until January 2020 but some places seem to be taking orders already.

Okay, well hopefully there won't be any major changes! :cool:

Speaking from experience, I came from a Capparis White i3 to a Melbourne Red i3s with the black wheels, and omg....I'm blown away by the change in aesthetic. My CA threw in tinting and I requested him to go as dark as possible, and he didn't disappoint! I've only been driving the car for about a week and have gotten a ton of compliments on how it looks. It's interesting that a car so uniquely styled as the i3 can have such starkly different aesthetics depending on simply changing the exterior color schemes.

Back