New menber looking to buy what do you think of this deal ...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlC

Hello all, Im hoping to get an i3 soon and be an active member here, right now we are looking at this one.....

2015 BMW i3 REX - TERA World - Looks to be fully loaded - 34k miles $17,995

Its at a dealer so I'm sure that would come down a bit even tho they say its their best price.

Anything I should look out for or check on before I buy ?

Thx Karl

Check that is has the Prof (wide screen) nav, and that it has the backup camera (comes with the parking assist pkg) look for the "P" button on the console between the seats. If you like music, check that it has the HK upgrade. See if the Dealer will CPO warranty the car as well at that price. The 2015 likely still has the plastic motor mounts, but have the Dealer check that the mounting bolts were replaced with the stronger ones - will show up in the service records.

Well we bought it, got them down to $16,500, maybe not the best deal, but we looked at a lot of i3s and this was the ONE !

Its supper clean, and looks to be fully loaded but I'm not sure, what the best way to tell ? The VIN decoders do not seam to be accurate

Its a ...

2015 BMW i3 REX - Arravani Grey / TERA World - 34k miles $16,500
- Full Leather w/ light wood dash
- Full wide screen Nav
- Backup camera
- Parking assist pkg ("P" button on the console between the seats)
- Lots of parking censers
- Active cruse control - Is that wats its called ?
- HK Audio
- 20" wheels / tires - Wish these where 19"
- All issues and recalls up to date
- Looks like it is still under the Original warranty until 1/2020

Is there any other options it may have or be missing ?

How do I confirm that the plastic motor mounts have been replaced with the stronger ones ?

Anything I should have checked while it is still under warranty ?

Thx Karl

KarlC said:
Its supper clean, and looks to be fully loaded but I'm not sure, what the best way to tell ? The VIN decoders do not seam to be accurate
Four different VIN decoders are accurate for our 2014 BEV. However, these decoders tend to display all of the individual options that comprise the various packages of options offered in North America rather than explicitly listing these packages.

KarlC said:
- Active cruse control - Is that wats its called ?
I've read it described as Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

KarlC said:
Is there any other options it may have or be missing ?
Seems pretty loaded to me.

KarlC said:
How do I confirm that the plastic motor mounts have been replaced with the stronger ones ?
The edge of the motor mount can be seen when the cargo floor cover is removed. However, BMW almost never authorized the replacement of the plastic motor mount due to the cost of doing so (the entire drive train must be dropped). Only the motor mount mounting bolt was replaced with a stronger version under a service action.

KarlC said:
Anything I should have checked while it is still under warranty ?
I would have the rubber boots that cover the front shock absorbers inspected. These can rot and tear very quickly which then exposes the shock absorber shaft to road grime which could eventually cause the shaft seal to leak.

Back