WilliamB

Hold State of Charge, 2019 i3

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:05 pm

I just got a 2019 i3 after owning an used 2015 for 2.5 years. I really liked the aftermarket "hold state of charge" that I got from dvdinmotion for my 2015. It would be very useful for a 2019 given the extended range it will be a challenge to burn up the gas. Dvdinmotion doesn't offer this code any more: is Bimmercode a good alternative? I'm tech competent, but not a coder by any stretch (I can follow a recipe). So need something fairly idiot proof. Thanks in advance for suggestions. Best, WB

MKH
Gold Member

Re: Hold State of Charge, 2019 i3

Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:12 pm

Just be aware of warranty implications. Someone on the West Coast with an i3 REx coded it for hold-state. He had a subsequent REx engine failure. During the Dealer diagnostics of the problem (with a $6K estimated repair), the recorded engine operating data showed the multiple hold-state starts & runs. BMW denied the warranty repairs because of this. Said the user-coding for the hold-state starts violated the terms of the BMW warranty. His story was posted on the i3 FB group.
Mark H.
2015 i3 Rex, Capparis White, Tera World, Technology & Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant, Harman Kardon Audio System, 19 inch 427 wheels, EVoInnovate EVSE

Return to “Technical BMW i3 Discussions”