Heated seats, OMG!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkepTeach

I have a 2019 i3s REx with Deka so it has the cloth seats. Holy cow, the heated seats are ridiculous! I had a '17 i3 with Tera and the leather seats were heated, but not like this. Anyone else with this set up find that their heated seats are a little too....exuberantly heated?

High might be a bit too much, but how is it on medium or low? Someone said that the thermostat levels are adjustable with coding...I haven't looked to see if that's the case.

Heck, I think the leather seats on my 2017 are repurposed oven broilers. I can't imagine anything hotter!

They are hot . When I do use them either Low or Medium will suffice and usually I turn it off after just a few city blocks .

I use them when there is a bit of morning frost on the windows. Turn them on and the windows are clear in minutes :)

They are really warm! Our Mini has very warm seats too. Much warmer than the VW.

I was in BimmerCode the other day and was laughing that the setting for each level of heated seat (level 1, 2, 3) is specified in degrees Celcius. I forget what they were by default but can just imagine two BMW engineers arguing about whether level 1 should be 37C or 36C.

Disclaimer: not sure if it actually works to change the setting in BimmerCode, but it is there for sure. If you bump it down a degree or two, you can test the precision of your derriere's thermometer.

Not only the seats are hot, they are also incredibly fast to heat, takes seconds ( I have Giga, as far as remember Tera was slower).

Honestly I'm finding that even the low setting is too hot after just a few minutes. I guess maybe I'll appreciate them on those rare (and getting rarer) truly cold days here in the deep south.

I too found them intolerable even on the lowest setting. I lowered each of the 3 setting to their mins in Bimmercode and it's A LOT better. useable even...

Back