Hold State of Charge, 2019 i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WilliamB

I just got a 2019 i3 after owning an used 2015 for 2.5 years. I really liked the aftermarket "hold state of charge" that I got from dvdinmotion for my 2015. It would be very useful for a 2019 given the extended range it will be a challenge to burn up the gas. Dvdinmotion doesn't offer this code any more: is Bimmercode a good alternative? I'm tech competent, but not a coder by any stretch (I can follow a recipe). So need something fairly idiot proof. Thanks in advance for suggestions. Best, WB

Just be aware of warranty implications. Someone on the West Coast with an i3 REx coded it for hold-state. He had a subsequent REx engine failure. During the Dealer diagnostics of the problem (with a $6K estimated repair), the recorded engine operating data showed the multiple hold-state starts & runs. BMW denied the warranty repairs because of this. Said the user-coding for the hold-state starts violated the terms of the BMW warranty. His story was posted on the i3 FB group.

Back