BMW says i3 REX is done!!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2020 on order for delivery in the new year

Wonder if it is really a 2020 i3, or just a 2019 i3 the Dealer is calling a 2020 because it will be delivered in 2020? According to the CEO interviews, the 2020 i3 is supposedly to have a 'new' battery upgrade. The 2019 i3 has a 42.2 Kwh pack - what are the specs for your '2020' i3??

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/bmw-i3-battery-upgrade-production/

I just spent about 10-15 mins on the phone with BMWNA, and according to them the 2020 i3 is already in production and several markets have already received 2020 models.

BMWNA confirmed with me that a 2020 i3 is 100% confirmed for the USA, but for some odd reason the release date is not shown, nor is the order bank for USA open. They confirmed 2020 will soldier on with:

i3 BEV
i3 Rex
i3S BEV
i3S Rex

2020 is NOT getting a new battery according to BMWNA. If this happens, it will be for the 2021 model, as 2019 just got a battery upgrade already.

They agreed with me that the 2020 i3 order bank for USA customers should have been active this fall (or even late summer). They escalated this to product development.

SO.....know I don't know what to get. I have narrowed it down to a Jaguar I-Pace or Tesla Model 3. Although, I would like to stay with BMW and my i3.

Deutsch100 said:
I just spent about 10-15 mins on the phone with BMWNA, and according to them the 2020 i3 is already in production and several markets have already received 2020 models.

BMWNA confirmed with me that a 2020 i3 is 100% confirmed for the USA, but for some odd reason the release date is not shown, nor is the order bank for USA open. They confirmed 2020 will soldier on with:

i3 BEV
i3 Rex
i3S BEV
i3S Rex

2020 is NOT getting a new battery according to BMWNA. If this happens, it will be for the 2021 model, as 2019 just got a battery upgrade already.

They agreed with me that the 2020 i3 order bank for USA customers should have been active this fall (or even late summer). They escalated this to product development.

SO.....know I don't know what to get. I have narrowed it down to a Jaguar I-Pace or Tesla Model 3. Although, I would like to stay with BMW and my i3.

Did you see that AAA is doing an $11,000 added discount on BMW i3 Purchase ..............

https://www.mybmwi3.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16539

More info on the i3 FB page ....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/bmwi3socal/

Deutsch100 said:
You wrote that BMW is buying back your i3. What happened?

art....continued Check Engine light from fuel vent valves & saturated carbon/charcoal canisters :(

BMW has been great (they are a wonderful company), but I feel really bummed. I love my i3, but BMW agreed with me that all these repairs are not acceptable on a brand new car. My car is only a little more than 2 months old!

I don't love the looks of the Tesla at all, but I will admit it drove and felt so much better than I expected.

Jaguar I-Pace fit and finish (and looks and performance) is beyond amazing...but there are a lot of complaints about screens going black and car, radio and seat presets erasing dozens and dozens of times :-O One scary reviewer says his I-Pace presets have erased 57 times in a matter of a few months. That is craaaazy!

I am at the point of going back to a gas car, since there are so few good/fun electric cars available. Have loved not using gas since Sept though.

Back