How many Screen sizes are there, can I upgrade ???

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KarlC

I have a 2015 BMW i3 with the Tech package and the larger screen, 9" I believe its called ?

I have read there are 6", 9" and 10.25" sizes it this correct ?

If so what years have the 10.25 and can I upgrade my 9" to the 10.25 ?

THx

I have seen a YouTube video on installing a larger screen size. Not sure where you would get one but ebay.com had a couple listed. Apparently, there is a manufacturer out of China that lists a comparable larger screen. Also go to Facebook for more information

You can buy them on Aliexpress , approx $380 , they are 10,25" and the brand is CHIMEI INNOLUX BM 9306743 03, same as oem BMW uses.
I posted this before on this forum.

g30i6vku.jpg

Thank for the reply guys but Im still looking to see how many screen sizes there really are.

I have read there are 6", 9" and 10.25" sizes it this correct ?

Or are the 9" and 10.25" really the same size screen but people are measuring them differ ways ??

I have a 2015 i3 Terra with the Tech package and the larger screen now

As far as I'm aware, there are just the two NAV screens - the standard, and the wider-screen Professional. I think people are just measuring differently. some are measuring the screen size, and some the full bezel size.

Two different nav screens. Some may be referring to the driver's main display, so if you include that, there are three, but only two are designed for use in the center of the console for nav and the other i-drive functions.

MKH said:
As far as I'm aware, there are just the two NAV screens - the standard, and the wider-screen Professional. I think people are just measuring differently. some are measuring the screen size, and some the full bezel size.

Good point, I checked my large screen size, the overall full bezel size is 12" the actual used screen is 10.25"

Im not sure where the 9" Nav screen size came from but I see it referred to at times.

Thx

Back