2020 i3 specs?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pfanning

Does anyone know when the 2020 specs and ordering will be available?

The lease on our 2017 i3 BEV is up at the end of October. It's been a great daily commuter, nice place to spend an hour or two a day, super efficient, and still entertaining to drive. I'm deciding between buying the current car or leasing a 2020 i3s BEV. Drove a Tesla 3 and didn't care for it, just 'meh' all over.

Thanks

Last thing I saw, the end of production for the 2019 i3 was scheduled for October 2019...that would put the 2020 MY vehicles in the states probably near the end of the year.

The dealers may have that ordering info now, you'd have to check with them.

BMW just announced 2020 special edition i3's and i8's.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/article/detail/T0300401EN_US/the-2020-bmw-i3s-edition-roadstyle-and-i8-ultimate-sophisto-editions?language=en_US

The announcement also says that 2020 will be the last year for the i8, but doesn't mention any 'end of model' for the i3.

THere might be another battery capacity upgrade down the road, but FWIW, even the original one, for me, has plenty of range for my typical use. Resale value is the worst part of short range, though, not necessarily functionality.

Anyone know when 2020 spec and ordering will open in the US? I thought BMW would be building 2020 models by now.

pfanning said:
Anyone know when 2020 spec and ordering will open in the US? I thought BMW would be building 2020 models by now.

Think i read mar-may

Think i read mar-may

Me too - apparently is in the Dealer order system, but without any details yet. Word is no 'new' battery upgrade until 2021

Back