Luxury i3?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fisher99

Interesting, maybe, but definitely not for me. Although my primary passenger (my wife) might think differently... :D

https://carbuzz.com/news/bmw-i3-gets-a-luxury-makeover

Curious, since back door cannot be opened without opening front door, the back passenger cannot come out by themselves ....
Not sure , who would fancy that in a Luxury car...

EVMan said:
Curious, since back door cannot be opened without opening front door, the back passenger cannot come out by themselves ....
Not sure , who would fancy that in a Luxury car...

The concept doesn't have a front seat, so there's no front passenger in the way. It might be an awkward reach, but the front handle is reachable. But I doubt that matters, since 1, if you're essentially being chauffeured around, you probably expect someone to open the door for your, and 2, this ridiculous thing will never be mass produced. It's purely a "pimp my ride" style conversion that would never exist except on basic cable.

I am fine with the rear door opening backwards.
But the requirement to have the front door opened , to open the back door , makes a good triangle, with the person trapped inside. in the garage.
, its a interesting puzzle with kids.
But i dont think any person will enjoy it in the name of Luxury...
More like , utility car turned Luxury , if you r willing to over look this.....

Back