2014 Yes or No...

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Away2Maine said:
jlangham said:
Congrats on your i3! I also have a 2014 BEV that I've owned for a year and a half. In the beginning, I was worried about the health of my battery. Not now. There are some days that my GOM (Guess-O-Meter) will display 90 mile range in Eco Pro +. Not bad for almost 75k miles on the car and the fact that I "drive it like I stole it" many times. My commute to work is 19 miles one way and about 75% on freeways - where I drive "slightly" faster than the posted speed limit. I never sweat with range anxiety anymore.

All that to say, enjoy the car! It's fun! We now drive it so much, that I have to remember to drive my pickup every once in a while to keep it lubricated. It is one of the most practical commuter cars made.

Also, get a Level 2 charger at home if you can. It will make your life easier.

Good to hear you have enjoyed yours as much as I hope to enjoy mine. My biggest challenge right now is not buying accessories before the car arrives via transport from the State of Washington. It left Washington last Thursday and hopefully will arrive sometime very soon (today was the originally intended date, but...?).

It is arriving with only 1 remote, so I've done the appropriate research on this site and others and may drop the coin to get a 2nd after it arrives. I've already ordered a fob cover to either keep from scratching it too much, or cover the scratches that already exist. I've narrowed down the L2 options to a couple and need to determine if I want to add a second meter for the i3 and participate in the local utilities program, or just do a self install of the L2 (not rocket science...but my son is studying to be one so that helps). Patience is a virtue...so they say!?

Spoke too soon...

I ended up with the same AC problem as i3Alan. Same quote. From, what I believe is the same dealer service department. So, AC issues aren't that rare. I still love the car, but not in 110 degree heat with no AC!!!

Back