No Spill 2.5 Gallon container fit in the frunk?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timjohn

I know I'm not suppose to do this but I was wondering if anyone here has used this "No-Spill" container to transport gas in their i3 frunk. I know the dimension are very close to fitting for the 2.5 gallon container (33x33 x 27.6 mm). The 1 gallon version of this brand will be OK but it would be nice to use the larger one. It fills close to the max volume of the i3's gas capacity. The other brand of the "Sure-Can" is definitely too big.

Any other recommendations would be welcome....

Timothy

Several people have posted that the RotoPAX 2 gallon fits perfectly in the frunk.

Here's somebody with a container that confirms perfectly to the dimensions of the i3 frunk.

https://youtu.be/wwZeBqC22Yc

The right knot makes it spill-proof! :D

Wow what a dangerous situation. Why didn't the gas attendant stop her!

Anyway I measured my frunk as 20.5"(L) x 10.5"(W) x 13" (H).

The No Spill 2.5 gallon container dimension listed by Amazon are the dimensions of the container in it's card board shipping box. So I finally found the dimension of the 2.5 gallon as 13.5" x 8.3" x 12.5" so it should fit if I remove the other stuff (air repair kit and charger).

I sent an email to the manufacturer to get a confirmation on the dimensions since I got this information from Amazon. Not sure to trust it. Keep you posted.

OK now I have read a lot about these Surecan an No Spill gas cans. The No Spill holds 2.5 gallons (10 L) and closer to the fill up I would need for the i3. The Surecan is 2.2 gallons...slightly smaller. Both have dimensions that will fit in the frunk of the i3 (as pictures and thanks to MHK show).

But I see in the pictures that there are lots of options but like the No Spill for a number of reasons. But I would like to have seen a picture of it upright. The thought of it leaning with its spout off to the side makes me nervous it could possibly leak a substantial amount of fuel if the seal on the top fails.

However, from the dimension of the 2.5 gallon No Spill at 13.5" x 8.3" x 12.5" (L x W x H), it appears that it will fit upright in the frunk. The dimensions inside the frunk that I have measured are: 20.5" x 10.5" x 13 " (L x W x H).

But the height of the frunk is probably higher slightly once the front hood is closed. May a couple of inches higher so I would say the height is closer to 15".

Price wise they are close in price. The No Spill is $63.35 and the Sure Can is $56.90 ($CAN). However, the No Spill recommends an hose extension for another $12.50 (about 8 inches longer).

So I am leaning towards the No Spill...Timothy

Back