Clunking noise when going over bumps

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
frictioncircle said:
If you do this motion slowly, can you feel a disturbance?

Placing hands at nine and three (or twelve and six when on a lift) and trying to shear the wheel back and forth is how to determine that the hub has a failed bearing.

Yes even when doing the motion slowly... Exactly the same as toalmar's videos on Vimeo above. Now the shock absorber has been changed again and the movement and noise have gone. Maybe the spare part originally changed was defective. Will keep this post updated.

Hello!

Noticed also the clunking noise in front at last, and bought already new shock absorber... while waiting it started to check the instructions..

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/i01-i3-hat/repair-manuals/31-front-axle-front-suspension/31-33-spring-with-mounting/1VnY1Z4NYI

:oops: I´m not sure I will even try to make the change even it is not hard to do (just changed both shock dust rubbers)

Any thoughs? Is it possible to make the preload tougher to prevent that annoying play ??

Back