alohart

Re: Coding the i3

Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:40 pm

alohart wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:13 pm
I believe that the accuracy of an i3's speedometer can be coded to so that the speedometer will display the actual speed rather than default several percent more than the actual speed. However, an Internet search hasn't turned up how to do this on an i3. If you know how, please post your method.
Setting 3000->BC_V_KORREKTUR in the KOMBI module to nicht_aktiv didn't seem to eliminate the speedometer speed correction as I had hoped. Makes sense because the i3 doesn't have a digital speedometer in its board computer. Still looking for the change I need to make to eliminate the correction factor.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

alohart

Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:21 pm

BimmerCode supports a road edge warning setting in the KAFAS module. Our i3 has as KAFAS camera, so I changed the value of the road edge warning from not active to grass and curb stone. I drove with ACC on near road edges but saw no road edge warning. How is this supposed to work? Does the i3 not support a road edge warning?
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

starkiwi26

Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:05 pm

All I wanted is to configure the "SET" button on steering wheel as LIM function (speed limiter) on my i3.
could you guide me how to do this? or do it for me for a price or beers?
thanks.

Fisher99

Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Is there a comprehensive list of the things that people have coded and the Bimmercode menu options for each? I have coded a few things on my i3 but am looking for other ideas of successful codes. I use AlphaOBD on my Ram truck and there is a nice list available on one of the forums for those options, which is very handy and informative. Would love to see something similar for Bimmercode and the i3. I'm sure that if I was to read all 38 pages of this thread I would glean some great info, but wondering if there is a "cheat sheet" before I start that undertaking. :D

For example, I have heard that there is a coding value to make the clock auto-set the time from the GPS, but after spending considerable time perusing the Bimmercode menu options I was unable to find anything.
2014 BMW i3 with Range Extender Engine, Capparis White/Frozen Black, 20" wheels,, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, TurboCord EVSE

Fisher99

Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:00 pm

I had some time to kill tonight so decided to start reading posts to this thread backwards, starting with newest first, and to my surprise, found the answer to my question about setting the clock to auto-correct via GPS was only 1 page in. Post 519. Will give this a try tomorrow.

Would still like to know if there is a cheat sheet of i3 appropriate coding somewhere though.
2014 BMW i3 with Range Extender Engine, Capparis White/Frozen Black, 20" wheels,, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, TurboCord EVSE

Return to “Technical BMW i3 Discussions”