Custom BMW i3 Seat Covers now available!

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the stitched covers for my non-wood dash trim pieces from them. I may have been the first to order since they had to make up an order form overnight. I'm waiting impatiently for them to come. I wanted the wood, but fell for a certified 2018 pretty basic.

BTW, I bought the Munroe breakdown of the I3 for $10. Well worth it. Every part is shown and explained with parts and assembly cost. What blew me away is the total parts cost for the three wood trim pieces. A grand total of $33 and change for the three. Oddly, the center wood piece is the most costly by far. Seems like some folks paid several hundred for a set before BMW made them unavailable,

Really cool interesting subject matter . Could you post a link to what and where you purchased? Is there any way you or we can post images or pictures here on the forum?

The I3 report is from MunroLife.com. Way down near the end of the list of things you can buy is the I3 report for $10. You can download about 10 HUGE PowerPoint presentations that cover every bit and piece of the I3, how much it costs to make and how much it costs to assemble. Each PP presentation has a big stretch of identical stuff at the beginning that you have to skip. I have spent hours browsing through the files.

It cost Munro $2,200,000 to do the teardown and create the report. It was on sale for big money to competitors. China, Korea, and Europe manufacturers bought the report. The only US firm interested was Fiat-Chrysler.

Munro says the I3 is the modern Model T. It opened a totally new era of auto manufacturing.

Pahaska said:
You can download about 10 HUGE PowerPoint presentations that cover every bit and piece of the I3, how much it costs to make and how much it costs to assemble.
The files I downloaded on 16 July are PDF, not PowerPoint files. Is there now an option for either file format?

You are right. They are actually PDF files of Powerpoint presentations. They come up titled Powerpoint Presentations when I open them in Chrome.

I just finished installing my dash covers. I'm very pleased. The kit and instructions were very good. Wish I could post some photos. The leatherette isn't as nice as the wood, but it is a lot richer looking than the bare inerts.

I just checked out the BMW i3 report. I had purchase one of these , sooooooooooooo cool!!

BTW the actual website is munrolive.com not munrolife.com - Thanks for sharing :)

Back