Literature at delivery

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsl42

Greetings, I have just taken a delivery of a new 2020 i3S here in the states, my third i3, and was surprised to see only a single paperback instruction manual and the sticker in the glovebox. Past cars have come with a cloth/leatherette binder filled with a variety of literature in addition to ChargePoint cards and whatnot. Is this normal with the 2020s? Thank you!

Don't know if they still do the ChargePont card, but there should be a set of manuals in a case. I'd tell your dealer they were missing from the glove box and ask where they are. Dealers often remove them temporarily so they don't get pinched during test drives or sitting on the lot, as they can be sold on eBay for $300/$400. They sometimes just don't put them in the car during dealer prep - all the 'loose' stuff like the manuals, floor mats, etc come shrink-wrapped in a pkg in the car's cargo area from the factory. In fact legally I think they MUST provide printed copies of things like the warranty and maintenance info with the car. If BMW was shipping the new i3's with no paper drivers manuals, there would be lots of notification of this, along with a card stating that in the glovebox. Below is what comes with a 2019 - should be similar for 2020. Check that you have your tow hook and tire inflation kit in the Frunk too, as well as your charge cable.

Manuals.jpg

I took delivery of a new 2020 i3S at the very end of Sept.

My 2020 came with the same things my 2019 i3S came with....that BMW binder that looks like its made of recycled materials (but kind of cool actually) and it was filled with the manual, warranty info, tire info, dispute info, SiriusXM....

Car also came with floor mats, charge cable, tire inflate thingy, 2 keys, BMW key chain

Back