Back to an i3 and to this great Forum :)

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deutsch100

Hi all. I bought a 2019 i3S Rex in Sept. 2019 and BMW bought it back from me in Dec. 2019 due to many repairs on the Rex generating system leaking fuel and causing a constant CEL to come on and stay on.

I took delivery yesterday of a new 2020 i3S Rex. I went with the same colour as my 2019: Capparis White with 20" black wheels. This time around I got the Harmon Kardon system I wanted and I got the truffle leather and open pore wood (gorgeous in person, not so gorgeous in pics, LOL).

Only 1 day with my new i3, but I love it and am happy to have my little i3 back.

:)
Deutsch100

Thank you Fisher99. I hope so too.

I LOVED my '19 i3, so as long as the 2020 is well behaved, it will be a love affair. Even after all the trouble the '19 caused me and BMW bought it back...I missed it, and never stopped thinking about it :D

Yeah, I totally missed mine when my lease was up. Spent two years without one and now I'm on my second.

Would love to hear your opinions on the differences in driving between the regular and the S models.

Thanks Bocabimmer! I am really happy to be back in my i3. In regards to differences between the i3 and i3S, I have only driven a non-s (standard i3) as a dealer loaner when my i3S was being serviced in 2019. I liked them both, and besides from a few extra "horsepower" and sportiness when using Sport mode....they drive almost the same.

For me, the benefits of the Sport package on the i3 is all about appearance! The i3S looks amazing with the flared wheel arches, larger wheels and different from bumper design. I like the i3, but I LOVE the i3S looks.

bocabimmer said:
Would love to hear your opinions on the differences in driving between the regular and the S models.

I have about 75,000, mostly commuter, miles on three i3s — a 2014 and a 2015 non-Sport, and a 2018 Sport (for which I recently bought out the lease) — and there are significant differences in the driving characteristics between the non- and Sport models, especially at high speeds, above and beyond appearance tweaks.

With wider tires and with a revised suspension, the Sport model feels more planted on the highway. It's so dramatic, it feels like a different car compared to the non-Sport i3.

Thanks Websterize! Yes, you are right about highway driving. The i3S feels MUCH better at higher speeds than the non-S i3

Even though my 2019 i3S was bought back (and gave me 4 months of headaches)....I loved driving it and looking at it. There is something about the i3 (S and non-S) that is incredibly appealing to me. It is just cool and funky and looking like nothing else; and it's so fun to drive and the easiest car in the world to park :) I am beyond happy, grateful and fortunate to be in a new 2020 i3S.

Back