Things I Dislike About My i3

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The US-Style Side Mirrors are down right dangerous.

A whole Truck can hide in the drivers side blind spot when you are a tall driver and to your left is the B-Pillar.

But, that was a fixable problem - just ordered the Euro Style aspheric mirror - much better visibility now.

Thanks for the input.

We've had the alignment, tyre pressures etc checked by BMW so maybe the suggestion that it is a faulty damper that hasn't been picked up is a sensible option - I'll get them checked.

The car has though been like this from when we got it with only 3 000 kms on it and as I'd read reports grumbling about the steering, I took it with a pinch of salt.

I agree it is a great car to drive around town and at slower speeds - exceptional. But it is currently a bit wayward (best word to describe it) on undulating roads and sweeping bends. I just don't feel comfortable driving it briskly or 'throwing it around' (I used to race cars once upon a time...). Having said that the 2020 BMW Series 3 I got as a courtesy car when the i3 was in for service wasn't wildly impressive nor was the Series 3 I owned briefly 12 years ago....

By the way (if I recall accurately) the best steering car I've driven (in the dry) was a Lancia Gamma Coupe (it was over-assisted and erratic in the wet.) Just fluid and tactile....

Have someone watch the steering wheel while driving on one of the roads that give you issues. The suspension is fairly stiff, so, depending on how tight you're hanging on and how your arms are supported, it isn't hard to turn the wheel some as the vehicle moves side to side, then, you have to correct.

Back