MKH
Gold Member

Great Emergency Fuel Can

Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:24 am

Have been keeping my eye out for a decent fuel can that could be used to carry extra fuel on the rare occasion that might be necessary. Not a fan of plastic fuel cans, though the Rotomolded one seems pretty sturdy and I was considering it, except the craptastic pour spout which isn't vented, so slow and 'gluggy'. Then I found this little gem. 10L NATO mil spec Wavian Jerrycan, manufactured by the same company that has been making them since WWI (and not in China). Really heavy-duty - 0.09 mm cold-rolled steel construction, leak proof gasket-sealed bayonet type latching & locking cap and vented spout, interior treated to prevent rusting. OSHA and DOT approved,, and there is a CARB approved spout available for it (I opted for the easy-pour spout - never found a CARB spout that actually functioned without leaking and spewing gas all over the place). And it fits upright in the frunk nicely. Sold at a lot of 4-wheel shops world-wide, on Amazon, at Grainger warehouses and Northern Tool (US), but I found the best price on ebay.
Jerry 1.jpg
Jerry 1.jpg (124.41 KiB) Viewed 805 times
Jerry 2.jpg
Jerry 2.jpg (87.03 KiB) Viewed 805 times
Mark H.
2015 i3 Rex, Capparis White, Tera World, Technology & Driving Assistant, Parking Assistant, Harman Kardon Audio System, 19 inch 427 wheels, EVoInnovate EVSE

Deutsch100

Re: Great Emergency Fuel Can

Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:45 am

Very good find!! Thank you!
2020 i3S Rex; Capparis White

Return to “BMW i3 Rex Specific Discussions”