Rear Camera Malfunction message

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepeborja

The 2017 we got 2 weeks ago had a bad rear camera with water intrusion and the dealer said they replaced it. After a couple of days a random "Rear Camera Malfunction" message displays for a few seconds. The camera works fine but the message is annoying. Some days there is no message and some day I see it several times.

Any inout is appreciated. Being CPO I will take it to the dealer unless it is something easy to fix.

I had the same thing when I replaced the camera myself. I used an OBD2 interface with Bimmercode app for my Android phone which got rid of the fault message, however I still need to find a solution to the trajectory lines pointing upwards which another member has managed to fix using coding but not with the app that I have. I think you may also be able to delete error messages via the button on the left of the drivers LCD panel, (see Youtube for a description of how to get into the "secret" menu

The problem was fixed by the BMW dealer. They said the camera was not "coded"when the camera was replaced by the dealer where I bought it as CPO. They told me it was not "covered" by warranty but they would fix for free. While I appreciate the dealer's gesture to correct the selling dealer's mistake, I do not appreciate the idea that a CPO vehicle would not cover this type of pre-sale repair issues and the customer is expected to pay for it. I am sure I could have taken it back to the selling dealer for repair and they would correct it but that is 30 miles away. They still owe me a key fob, which will be another battle to get them to honor it.

So far we like the car and we hope this is the last we see of this type of problems.

It took me two months and a lot of phone calls to get the second keyfob and my license for my CPO 2019. The license arrived by mail one day after my temporary permit expired and the keyfob the next day. The dealer is 80 miles away, so everything had to be done by phone calls, messages, or emails.

Back