REX with a P013b CEL code

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangocash

Purchased a used 2014 i3 REX with 50K about 2 months ago and it's been running great. I've since "unlocked" the REX (full tank and hold charge button) using Bimmercode and it works fine as intended. About 2 weeks after the coding, I was running on the REX and tripped the check engine light. The car ins't running any different and I've used both electric and REX several times since then.

Just before I went on a short roadtrip, I used my OBDII reader to read the fault code and it came back as:
P013B O2 Sensor Slow Response - Lean to Rich (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Anyone have experience with this code? Sounds like an efficiency problem but not necessarily a urgent matter that will leave me stranded somewhere. I cleared the code using the Torque OBD app but have yet to see the CEL actually go away even though I haven't used the REX since the code clear.

UPDATE:
It took about a week for the CEL to clear after I wiped it with the Torque app. I drove about a week on electric-only and then the REX kicked back in when I ran dry (charging opportunities can be intermittent for me). A few days into using the REX again, the CEL came back with the same fault code.

UPDATE: 4/7/19
I continue to get a periodic CEL when using the REX but it's only very occasionally and it always goes back out within a few days. Considering how often I'm using the REX, it seems odd that the sensor only faults once every few months.

Back