EricP

Instrument cluster - questions

Sun May 02, 2021 12:59 pm

If that's not the right place, then I'm sorry, I tried to search but there were no results.

I recently bought the i3 Rex and some things are not clear to me.
In the manual or in other people, I see something different than in my case on the screen in front of the steering wheel.
Maybe somebody knows
1. Why i don't see selected gear icon below the battery capacity ? Where i can switch option to see this like others have ?
2. Why i see speed with bigger miles, and small km/h, and this have nothing to do with "settings" in menu ? i want to see speed only in km/h like range in km, not miles.
3. How i can change default drive mode ( from Comfort to EcoPro for example ).

EvanstonI3

Re: Instrument cluster - questions

Sun May 02, 2021 3:33 pm

1: I don’t know
2: Settings->Language/Units->Distance: mi or km (select one)
3: I don’t know
2 0 1 7 94Ah B E V

EricP

Sun May 02, 2021 3:39 pm

EvanstonI3 wrote:
2. I set this to „km” and range are in km, but speed appears with miles and km at the same time.

Fisher99

Sun May 02, 2021 4:09 pm

3: You can use the app called BimmerCode (Android or IOS) to change the default starting mode to Eco Pro.
2014 BMW i3 with Range Extender Engine, Capparis White/Frozen Black, 20" wheels,, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, TurboCord EVSE

EvanstonI3

Sun May 02, 2021 4:23 pm

EricP wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:39 pm
EvanstonI3 wrote:
2. I set this to „km” and range are in km, but speed appears with miles and km at the same time.
Interesting. I just tested this while driving before I replied. I changed mine from Miles to Km then back.

If this is not working for you and the Selected Gear icon is not displayed, I would say maybe reboot the iDrive system. I think you hold down the Volume On/Off button on the dash for 30 seconds?
2 0 1 7 94Ah B E V

alohart

Sun May 02, 2021 6:35 pm

EricP wrote:
1. Why i don't see selected gear icon below the battery capacity ? Where i can switch option to see this like others have ?
North American i3's display the selected "gear" on the instrument panel. However, i3 owners in some other markets have commented that the selected "gear" isn't displayed, so I assume that this depends on the market. Such differences are frequently controlled by the values of parameters that can be changed with BimmerCode.

A parameter value might also affect whether your instrument panel is displaying mph or km/h.
Aloha,
Art

2014 BMW i3 Arravani Grey, Giga World, Tech + Driving Assist, Parking Assist, DC Fast Charging, JuiceBox EVSE

EricP

Mon May 03, 2021 2:20 am

alohart wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 6:35 pm
EricP wrote:
North American i3's display the selected "gear" on the instrument panel. However, i3 owners in some other markets have commented that the selected "gear" isn't displayed, so I assume that this depends on the market. Such differences are frequently controlled by the values of parameters that can be changed with BimmerCode.

A parameter value might also affect whether your instrument panel is displaying mph or km/h.
You are probably right, it depends on the version for your market.
So the next step is buy BimmerCode and adapter.

Return to “Problems / Troubleshooting”