Instrument cluster - questions

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricP

If that's not the right place, then I'm sorry, I tried to search but there were no results.

I recently bought the i3 Rex and some things are not clear to me.
In the manual or in other people, I see something different than in my case on the screen in front of the steering wheel.
Maybe somebody knows
1. Why i don't see selected gear icon below the battery capacity ? Where i can switch option to see this like others have ?
2. Why i see speed with bigger miles, and small km/h, and this have nothing to do with "settings" in menu ? i want to see speed only in km/h like range in km, not miles.
3. How i can change default drive mode ( from Comfort to EcoPro for example ).

1: I don’t know
2: Settings->Language/Units->Distance: mi or km (select one)
3: I don’t know

EvanstonI3 said:

2. I set this to „km” and range are in km, but speed appears with miles and km at the same time.

3: You can use the app called BimmerCode (Android or IOS) to change the default starting mode to Eco Pro.

EricP said:
EvanstonI3 said:

2. I set this to „km” and range are in km, but speed appears with miles and km at the same time.

Interesting. I just tested this while driving before I replied. I changed mine from Miles to Km then back.

If this is not working for you and the Selected Gear icon is not displayed, I would say maybe reboot the iDrive system. I think you hold down the Volume On/Off button on the dash for 30 seconds?

EricP said:
1. Why i don't see selected gear icon below the battery capacity ? Where i can switch option to see this like others have ?
North American i3's display the selected "gear" on the instrument panel. However, i3 owners in some other markets have commented that the selected "gear" isn't displayed, so I assume that this depends on the market. Such differences are frequently controlled by the values of parameters that can be changed with BimmerCode.

A parameter value might also affect whether your instrument panel is displaying mph or km/h.

alohart said:
EricP said:
North American i3's display the selected "gear" on the instrument panel. However, i3 owners in some other markets have commented that the selected "gear" isn't displayed, so I assume that this depends on the market. Such differences are frequently controlled by the values of parameters that can be changed with BimmerCode.

A parameter value might also affect whether your instrument panel is displaying mph or km/h.
You are probably right, it depends on the version for your market.
So the next step is buy BimmerCode and adapter.

Anybody found the right method (coding or adaptation) to display the selected gear on the instrument panel? I tried to modify the following parameters with different permutations, but didn't work:
BKOMBI module:
SPA_ENABLE
SPA_IST_ENABLE
SPA_IST_GANG_ENABLE
SPA_KOMBISELECT_DISABLE

Back