Want to buy Rims and/or Winter Tires

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
strei said:
so even though the rims are 1/2 inch more narrow you just put them on the rear axle without a spacer of anything?

The base i3 comes with a square setup. That will fit on all i3's except possibly the i3S sport model (don't know, but expect they will work just fine) - just bolt them on.

FWIW, a narrower tire works better in the winter...wider ones tend to float on the deep snow rather than dig through it. The R3 is, I think a better tire than the Bridgestone. Don't know about longevity, but it shouldn't be an issue, either. Don't know of any wider winter tire that will fit the i3.

Seems from my reading that a 155-70-19 winter tire will still fit the larger rear rim. Just wanting to be sure someone else has done this before I order winter tires. Any info would be great. Lw

Yes, it should fit. On the link below it says it will not fit my vehicle... BUT... this probably because of the original tire size for the rear... below that in the specifications section it says these tires will fit from 4"-5-1/2" wide wheel.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/nokian-tire-hakkapeliitta-r3/p/12019

Thank you! I assume the blizzaks would be the same. I guess there isn’t a basic winter rim for these tires that would fit an I3? Thanks again. L

Hello.
I have extra OEM 19 in wheels for sale.
you can purchase winter tires online and put them on the wheels.

I am selling those for 400 usd OBO

if you are interested, please text me 248-977-8310.
I can share pictures of rims with you

thank you

choikay04 said:
Hello.
I have extra OEM 19 in wheels for sale.
you can purchase winter tires online and put them on the wheels.

I am selling those for 400 usd OBO

if you are interested, please text me 248-977-8310.
I can share pictures of rims with you

thank you
Where are you located?

I have a set of four OEM winter tires/wheels/TPMS from 2014, decent tread depth, but getting old. $800 + shipping. Send me a PM.

Also have a brand new, still in original plastic, BMW i3 front/rear winter mats $100+shipping.

PM me. Easier and cheaper if you're local, but can ship. Selling the i3, bought an X5 45e hybrid.

Hi.

Does anyone wants to swap rims ?

I am looking for any 19inch OEM rims in great condition.

I currently have Rial X10-I (black) on my car. Those rims in great condition.

I live in Michigan US

Thank you.

Back