<span>I assume this is DC charging</span>
Yes, 50kW charging is DC.
<span>I've never had any issues, other than the occasional charger being down or charging slowly.
* Charger is broken and is self-aware of that fact
* Charger acts like it works but won't charge your car. Plugshare check-ins show it works for Chademo and also corroborates other CCS cars can't use it
* Charger is slow -- like, 1kW slow. That was at an Electrify America charger, I never did check if they charged my credit card the three cents I racked up before moving to another charger that worked fine.
* Charger is "slow" intentionally. Harley dealer's chargers typically max out at 24kW. Also, reading plugshare reviews (and on here), it seems like i3s have more issues not being able to charge on these stations for some reason. Maybe since BMW also makes motorcycles they're a direct competitor to HD?
* Charger won't activate - claims it's not connected to the car but car shows it's connected
Additionally, issues not specific to fast-charging can apply:
* Location has 1 charger and it's occupied (EA is the only one around me with multiple DC Fast Chargers in a location)
* Walmart shopper/worker has parked in front of the charger
Lastly: pricing that works out to being as expensive or more than gasoline.
For all those reasons (and my car's realistic 60 mile range), I charge at home 99% of the time and I'm not sure how I'd feel on a road trip relying on DC Fast Chargers even a longer range vehicle. As long as you have enough range to hop between Electrify America stations (or Tesla superchargers if you have a Tesla) you should be fine.