New i3S Rex available in SW Ohio

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i3daytonoh

New and probably last i3 for sale (in Ohio) at "The BMW Store" dealership in Cincinnati.

https://www.bmwstore.com/inventory/new-2021-bmw-i3-120ah-s-wrange-extender-rwd-4d-hatchback-wby8p8c01m7k30764/

I find it interesting that out of 9 currently listed on Car Gurus, 3 of those listings were for sale back in July / August when I was searching and eventually purchased. Studio City was asking a $5000 markup if I recall correctly -- I wonder if the others are doing similar attempting to cash in on an soon-to-be-extinct breed.

I've read some people on the Facebook i3 groups that they have orders in and no ETA, so I have to suppose there are also dealer orders still trickling in and will continue to do so into 2022. Wonder if the Harman Kardon option will reappear in any of the late-comers.

On their UK site, under the package that includes HK, they're saying "Temporary restrictions may affect the content availability in the pack, please check with your BMW Retailer for further information."

I'm wondering if some of the delayed orders I've read about included HK and have therefore been shuffled over to the "slow" queue awaiting availability. I've also read that dealers can modify their already-placed orders up until a VIN is assigned, so I would think it's possible if the components become available, this option could open back up.

None of the 9 i3s on CG have the HK optiion, but I've been checking every so often to see if any pop up.

The car has been de-contented since the early years to save money. The standard radio in my new i3 no longer receives FM HD stations, for example.

Ok, but FM radio is a dead man walking, so to speak, and they added Car Play (but not Android Auto, those bastards) which kind of makes up for it.

In any case, it wasn't as if the HK option was a freebie. Once they announced it was off the order books, the HK cars got snapped up quickly.

Agreed. And FWIW I'm really pleased w/ iDrive 6 in the 2021. Not as good as Android Auto, but good enough that I don't miss its absence.

i3daytonoh said:
The car has been de-contented since the early years to save money. The standard radio in my new i3 no longer receives FM HD stations, for example.

That’s odd. The 2021 standard features listed HD Radio with multicast FM station reception. The function is turned off by default. When FM is active, press the Option button the enable HD Radio Reception.

i3daytonoh

I can't imagine any situation where an i3's radio would stop receiving all HD Radio stations. Have you checked other FM stations in your area to see if you can receive their HD broadcasts?

That said, an AM HD station that I would often listen to recently dropped their AM HD signal to switch to an FM HD subchannel so with some checking you might find that the feeds you're seeking are still available, but on a different frequency.

stumbledotcom said:
i3daytonoh said:

That’s odd. The 2021 standard features listed HD Radio with multicast FM station reception. The function is turned off by default. When FM is active, press the Option button the enable HD Radio Reception.

Thank you for the option button instructions for turning on the FM/HD radio. I did not see any info about this in the owner's manual.

In my previous complaint about de-contenting, these issues are really very minor and in no way detract from the major improvements of the newer models - increased battery capacity, new LED headlights, and optimized Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system. The newer i3 models are greatly improved and feel much more stable on the road.

Back