Swapping Wheels

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsoelter

Howdy all,

About to jump back into i-3 ownership. Had a 2015 REX for two years on a lease, and have come to the conclusion that a longer range EV is worth waiting a couple of years for, given the waiting lists and long order lead times involved right now.

BMW i-3 seems like a great place to spend the interim.

Looking at a couple of options, one of which fits the bill, a 2019 S REX that would be perfect except that it has the black wheels. Polished would look much better on this car.

Dealer has at least a couple of S models in inventory with the polished wheels, but claims that swapping is not a possibility. Simply intransigence, or is there something I'm missing that might explain why the wheels couldn't be swapped on another car with similar mileage given that the only difference is cosmetic?

Selective polish on the surface of the black wheels might be another option. Anyone done this, and have pictures to share?

Thanks!

DFS

A wheel repair shop can strip/polish all or selective sections of the black wheels, likely for not a lot of $$, and will have examples to show

dsoelter said:
Dealer has at least a couple of S models in inventory with the polished wheels, but claims that swapping is not a possibility. Simply intransigence, or is there something I'm missing that might explain why the wheels couldn't be swapped on another car with similar mileage given that the only difference is cosmetic?
Intransigence. The polished and black wheels are identical other than the finish.

Back