It’s a cash cow the bad tire scam

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I averaged about 20k on my tires...more on the fronts but the rears were shot. I'm talking about an i3s with REX. But now I have an i3s BEV and expect the tires to last even longer. When I returned my i3s REX lease, the rear tires had to be replaced and the dealer charged me $175/tire.

RDanza said:
Hi I have a 2018 BEV red i3 I bought brand new here in AZ. I am currently at 28,558 miles and the tires look fine to me. The discount tire guy is saying hey don’t drive more than a month on these. I just kind of think they don’t know how to measure these tires as they are LRR and look fine and seem to stop fine. The car is 80% hiway driven and usually the wx is hot here in PHX. I don’t see any uneven wear whatsoever. What is the longest anyone has gotten out of these bike tires?
These tires have wear bars like most tires. If these wear bars are still below the tread height, the tires don't need replacing. In your dry climate, you might be able to safely keep using your tires even after the tread depth reaches the wear bars as long as you're careful avoiding aquaplaning on your occasionally wet roads.

I recently read about an i3 owner who is replacing his rear tires after almost 50k miles. His front tires weren't worn out yet. That's the highest mileage I recall for i3 tires.

Back