BLINGMW

Comfort vs Eco Pro 0-60?

I prefer the Eco Pro pedal feel, and it *seems* like foot to the floor gives the same action in either mode. Can anyone confirm this?
eNate

Re: Comfort vs Eco Pro 0-60?

I believe you're correct, that pushing it to the firewall basically cancels out the constrained Eco acceleration mapping and gives'er all she got. Never timed it though.
2 0 2 1   B M W   i 3   1 2 0 A h   B E V  O a k l a n d
 Wokeby Trunk Extension | Duosida 16A L1 EVSE
 SeaSucker Monkey Bar Roof Rack
BLINGMW

I feel pretty confident we're right. I just did 8 runs on the country road near my house, battery 60-65% during the test, outdoor temp at 45 but car had been through it's normal morning warmup and I'd driven for 40 min, tires were up to temp, it was happy. Full "throttle" was giving me repeatable results, traction control was "off"/dynamic mode, climate control off. Not very accurate, but I'd start from a stop at painted line and read the speedo (which lags, and is rounding) when the next mailbox crossed my a-pillar, coast on down the road and come back for another run.

Eco Pro
58 run1 (I may have lined up a little different on the first run)
61 run2
63 run5
61 run6

Comfort
62 run3
61 run4
61 run7
62 run8
eNate

Just like Mike Tyson famously said, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth," I think everyone plans to drive conservatively until they punch the pedal to the CFRP (whether our of necessity, impatience, or raw lack of restraint, who am I to judge?).
2 0 2 1   B M W   i 3   1 2 0 A h   B E V  O a k l a n d
 Wokeby Trunk Extension | Duosida 16A L1 EVSE
 SeaSucker Monkey Bar Roof Rack
BLINGMW

eNate wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:20 am....punch the pedal to the CFRP....
Because that's the normal way to drive it! :lol:
SSi3

The SPORT mode in an i3s is even more fun when you mash the pedal to the CFRP :D
Born electric 4/25/15 (2015 REx)
Re-born fully electric 7/27/19 (2019 i3s BEV)
BLINGMW

SSi3 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:23 pm The SPORT mode in an i3s is even more fun when you mash the pedal to the CFRP :D
Well sure, it's 5% more fasterer. But Sport or Comfort or Eco Pro on the same car is the same at full throttle.
donfede
Gold Member

Hello (lurker several months, 2019 BEV),

Great question and thanks for sharing the informative test results.

If I understand correctly, the ~61 values listed above were the speeds indicated in the speedometer when passing a fixed point/mailbox. However I wonder if that's only measuring speed and distance, but not total time. We're relatively new i3 drivers, and the Eco Pro mode may have a brief delay before kicking into the same power curve.

Would be interesting to see results If a second person (or possibly some app) could measure time to reach the fixed point/mailbox in addition to speed.
Arm

The Sport mode in the i3s makes a substantial difference when rolling. There is a considerable difference between modes once the car is on the go. Not from the start. I can easily jump ahead just from the fact that Sport mode responds so quickly.
BLINGMW

donfede wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 pm Hello (lurker several months, 2019 BEV),

Great question and thanks for sharing the informative test results.

If I understand correctly, the ~61 values listed above were the speeds indicated in the speedometer when passing a fixed point/mailbox. However I wonder if that's only measuring speed and distance, but not total time. We're relatively new i3 drivers, and the Eco Pro mode may have a brief delay before kicking into the same power curve.

Would be interesting to see results If a second person (or possibly some app) could measure time to reach the fixed point/mailbox in addition to speed.
Yes those are speeds in MPH. And while measuring time would be helpful, I *think* I can assume that if there was a delay, or the car was slower 0-10, then it wouldn't have caught up in the same distance, and would be going slower by the end. I'd be happy to repeat it with people and stopwatches, come on down! ;)

Return to “Technical BMW i3 Discussions”