2019 i3s infotainment screen upgrade query,

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPVG

Good day you guys. So I just got a new i3s. Sadly it did not have the professional Nav package, but it has the beautiful giga world. In my 17 i3 I did the upgrade to the 10’. Now I know that mine will require the other brand of screen made now by Kyocera (since bmw changed and increased
Resolution). I have found a screen to buy, but I’m wondering if it’s as straight forward as it was with my 17? I have heard different things, like having to change modules and not possible at all. Has someone been able to do this at all on a 2019+ And if you did, what’s the process? Thanks

Any one know "ENAVEVO"=EVO?
What dose the"HDD" Navigation stand for?
Thank you in advance.

Will this head unit auto detect the display size resolution & I need not code it?
I have not ordered a new display yet, because I don't know what display will work for this system.

I think it will auto detect - but the screen will have to be from or for a 2018 or later i3. A major change in the headunit (different voltage) and display resolution was made in 2018. None of the pre-2018 displays will work in a 2018 or newer i3.

I have the headunit already. It needs to be a Kyocera brand name screen, 2018+ models will have this one. I’m going to give it a try and see, if it doesn’t work, i know there is a guy in England that will program it via laptop for $100. Let’s hope bimmercode does the job.

Hi Guys,
Went to the dealer to get a price on a upgrade to the 10.25 display, They said they cant, because they didn't have a part number.
Anyone know the part number for the10.25 display and where I can order the from?
UPDATE: fund & installed a 10.25 display Product Date of 07/10/2021, Part #BM6842991 03.
Coded as per the seller on E-Bay & as per BimmerCode NOTE: BOTH CODES DID NOT WORK (so I don't what to post them hear).
From what I can find these head units coded to vehicles pacific VIN number (Anyone know just how this is done)?
EXSITING HEADUNIT: Magneti Marelli S.p.A. MODEL# EE0001 MM PN 503551661493 FCC ID: RX2EE0001
EXSITING DISPLY: 6.5” Part No. 6550 6794264-03 Product date 21/08/2018
At this point all roads are leading to a $3,000.00 cost just to do the 10.25 display upgrade.

Back