Comfort vs Eco Pro 0-60?

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BLINGMW said:
Arm said:
But in every day situations where you need to overtake, zip in and out of traffic, etc. Sport mode makes a VAST difference in driveability.
Thanks for validating what I expected the theoretical drag race would look like! But on this part, why a "vast" difference in driveability? You just have to put your foot at a different angle to get the same response. Drive around in any mode for a week and you'll probably get used to it, no? Now that I've got mine booting up in Eco Pro, I intend to autocross it that way because it makes better use of the full range of the pedal.

It's not just angle...it's response time. It's a different car when you drive in Sport mode versus Eco or Comfort.

2019 i3S BEV

According to my finely calibrated butt dyno, Sport mode is faster than all of the other modes at WOT. So much so that I have a hard time driving around in Sport. It's simply too sensitive to throttle position - or maybe I just have a lead foot :).

On my 2019 i3S REX, I can definitively say that flooring it in Eco and Eco+ (but haven't tried comfort) is definite slower than in Sport.

I was changing lanes in ECO and floored it, car went... then after about 2 seconds... I switched the car to SPORT and while still under WOT... the car actually pulled forward with more thrust, noticeably enough so that my passenger asked me if I was flooring it then and I said no, I'd been WOT the whole time.

FWIW.

Back