EKR Custom Fit Leatherette seat covers

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinc

Hello! Sharing this in case somebody is looking for seat cover options for the i3.

After some digging trying to find affordable, custom-fit leatherette seat covers, I found an option on Amazon by a company called EKR. I was a bit reluctant at first because I could not find any pictures of what they would look like installed on the funky seats of the i3, and I was afraid they would be some ill-fitting, generic things. The ones that love2customized sells look great, but they are a bit above what I would like to spend. I found options from places like Coverking, but they look much worse and are not cheaper.

So at $254 before taxes, I decided to give the EKR covers a try. And having purchased them through Amazon, I knew that I would have options in case they were totally wrong.

They came after 3 weeks or so (they are indeed made to order) and I must say, for the price, they are not bad at all! Definitely more generic-looking than the ones that love2customized sells, but they blend well with the gray trim of my base i3 and the leatherette feels rather nice. I need them, not to enhance the look of the car, but to protect the seats from my kid jumping around, and I think they will get the job done.

Installing them required some effort and the instructions are not specific for the i3, so I had to guess a bit. The only thing that does not fit at all is the armrest cover, it is too short. I have reached out to the company in case I need a replacement and I am waiting to hear back.

But overall, I am surprisingly pleased with them. I recommend them as an option for somebody who values affordably over looks, but without fully giving up the latter. Here is a picture in case you guys would like to check it out.

https://app.box.com/s/f0s44eccdnq61ebd1g0zngd18kbn016a

And here is the amazon link...

https://www.amazon.com/EKR-Custom-F...leatherette+black/gray+,automotive,213&sr=1-1

Cheers!

Quick update. I let EKR about the issue with the armrest not fitting and they sent me a larger replacement that fits great. All set now!

Hi, this is interesting!
I'm still glad I went with love2customised though ... I was given a LOT of choice on finishes, right down to stitching colour, and although fitting is not for the faint hearted, they really do, imho, hold true to the i3 look while doing their job of protecting the original seats for when these become classics (Not too long now!)
Photos show a complete rear seat with head restraints, and just part of the driver's seat done ... Only one niggle is that if you use the release handle near the top of the front seats, to angle the back for easier access, the backs range is very slightly limited ... enough to push the back, erm, back unless you keep a hand on it.IMG_20230129_102654526.jpgIMG_20230206_143647655.jpg

Back