From 84% to 78% suddenly

BMW i3 Forum

Help Support BMW i3 Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E545-E84-C-2-BCB-4371-8639-8-AF27-FA948-CB.jpg

Here is an update for my i3’s battery health.

Outside temperature:15-17 Celsius
Average consumption: 11.5kwh

80% gave me 106km.

With outside temperature over 16 celcious, the kappa max batt is again 16.2

And the km are back to the old numbers.

So I believe if I will test again the battery capacity at the dealer, I would get a higher percentage.

Finally, I do not trust neither the kappa max at the secret menu, nor the dealer”s test.

hey there
I have a 2015 BMW i3, my third. My wife has a 2014. I had the same thing and was wondering why the battery would behave this way. It turns out after I used the electrify app that the battery itself was rock solid, it was the BMW that was reporting the percentage and obviously this is a calculated figure. I can get 130 kms in the city easy in the summer but if I leave the car sit after charging I will "lose" some range because the BMW will for some reason report a lower state of charge. I also was able to see the highest and lowest cell and they were almost dead even, so I know the pack is fine. You need to get the Veepeak OBD check tool and use the Electrify app and you can see EXACTLY whats going on with your battery including temps and how much something draws. Also remember that even with the car off there is a residual draw of .5 amp. Thats why they say do not leave the battery at less than 5% for any lengthy period of time.

Back